Nokia 6600 Car Kit?

Last response: in Brands
September 21, 2004 3:44:27 AM

Hi, I have a company car with a Nokia CARK-91 (for the 6310) but wish to use
a Nokia 6600 or other Series 60 handset in the car instead.

Before I choose the handset, can anyone advise whether there is a car kit
for the 6600 as I can't find one, and also confirm that it will mean only
removing the cradle itself, not the whole kit and caboodle. Ideally the
antenna, mic and control box will remain untouched.

I've seen the CARK-91 Converter but this doesn't seem to support any Series
60 phones
http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=CARK91_CONVERT...

Thanks in advance for any useful info.

More about : nokia 6600 car kit

Anonymous
September 22, 2004 11:33:24 AM

Mark Hamptons wrote:
> Hi, I have a company car with a Nokia CARK-91 (for the 6310) but wish to use
> a Nokia 6600 or other Series 60 handset in the car instead.
>
> Before I choose the handset, can anyone advise whether there is a car kit
> for the 6600 as I can't find one, and also confirm that it will mean only
> removing the cradle itself, not the whole kit and caboodle. Ideally the
> antenna, mic and control box will remain untouched.
>
> I've seen the CARK-91 Converter but this doesn't seem to support any Series
> 60 phones
> http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=CARK91_CONVERT...
>
> Thanks in advance for any useful info.

Unfortunately the Nokia 6600 only has support for Bluetooth car kits. :(

I've used a 6600 when working for a friend that has one and I must say
it was very disappointing. Along with the fact that so many people on
this newsgroup have problems with them I would think long an hard before
purchasing one.

They look good but lack several features that should have been standard
in such a phone. Also the lack of a Pop-port restricts the use of car
kits and other enhancements.

Now I've played with a friend's Nokia 6230 and was VERY happy with that,
shame it is not a series 60 phone. The camera on the 6230 is a vast
improvement on my Nokia 7250i phone.

73 de Simon, VK3XEM.
Anonymous
September 22, 2004 2:09:30 PM

snip

>Unfortunately the Nokia 6600 only has support for Bluetooth car kits. :(

there is always this solution:

pph-1 and mbc-19 holder.

>I've used a 6600 when working for a friend that has one and I must say
>it was very disappointing. Along with the fact that so many people on
>this newsgroup have problems with them I would think long an hard before
>purchasing one.

what problems does the 6600 have? i must be very lucky as i don't have
any probs with my 6600, or using bt with pc suite.

>They look good but lack several features that should have been standard
>in such a phone. Also the lack of a Pop-port restricts the use of car
>kits and other enhancements.

what features does the 6600 lack that should be standard?
Related resources
September 23, 2004 1:13:41 AM

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 10:09:30 +0100, eggster2k
<eggster2k@nospambreathe.com> said:

<snip>
>what features does the 6600 lack that should be standard?

Users that understand how to use such amazing bits of kit.

Users that can't afford them and slag them off, and users that don't
understand how to use them, and slag them off, it features already.
;-)

--
Mojo.
Anonymous

eggster2k wrote:

> snip
>
> what features does the 6600 lack that should be standard?

For one automatic key lock, like all the other latest Nokia's have.

73 de Simon, VK3XEM.
Anonymous
September 23, 2004 1:17:19 PM

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 06:41:33 +1000, Simon Templar <vk3xem@vk3xem.net>
wrote:

>eggster2k wrote:
>
>> snip
>>
>> what features does the 6600 lack that should be standard?
>>

>For one automatic key lock, like all the other latest Nokia's have.

no symbian nokias have auto keylock - 3650, 3660, 6600, 7650, n-gage.
i'm not sure about the 7610. 6600 can have though with additional
software.
Anonymous
September 25, 2004 6:41:25 PM

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 21:13:41 +0000, Mojo <anexpatbrit@null.com> wrote:

>On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 10:09:30 +0100, eggster2k
><eggster2k@nospambreathe.com> said:
>
><snip>
>>what features does the 6600 lack that should be standard?
>
>Users that understand how to use such amazing bits of kit.
>
>Users that can't afford them and slag them off, and users that don't
>understand how to use them, and slag them off, it features already.
>;-)

well said... .the number of people I see asking the most basic
questions about the 6600 means they don't really know what they have
bought. Probably got it for a quid on contract and only got it to have
the latest Nokia..... I paid over £250 for mine when it first came out
and despite being on the 3rd handset I would not be without it.
I also use PC suite with Win XP SP 2 and had no problems whatsoever so
don't think that its an automatic problem with this setup as it isn't.

Chris P Bacon
!