Iphoto feature needed but a Windows user

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
September 19, 2005 12:01:23 AM

I'm looking for this functionality from a Windows program. I want to
create a photo ablum and upload it to a service like Kodak and have it
printed. A lot of Windows programs will allow me to make an album and
print it or upload it to a website but I haven't found one that will
allow it to be uploaded for printing. Can anyone recommend one? I know
that Kodak will let me make one on their site but it is fairly
generic.
Anonymous
September 19, 2005 4:57:32 PM

Greetings Charlie,

It appears you are referring the creation of a book? If that is the
case you can choose that option on the EasyShare Gallery web site and
have the book created, printed and bound then shipped to your location.
Is this your interest? If not please review what you want to do
exactly. Since I know EasyShare Gallery the best, I can tell you that
it is quite possible to create an album on the EasyShare Gallery site,
then select as many images as you want to be uploaded to that album.
They can then be included in a book where they will be oriented for
printing. Once complete the printing is done and the book bound and
shipped to your address.

Is this what you are interested in doing? If so, just go the Gallery
and review the process. You can get there by going to the Kodak site
and clicking on the EasyShare Gallery link.

http://www.kodak.com

Talk to you soon, let me know if this is what you needed?

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company
September 19, 2005 8:10:02 PM

On 19 Sep 2005 12:57:32 -0700, "Ron Baird" <ronbaird@kodak.com> wrote:

>Greetings Charlie,
>
>It appears you are referring the creation of a book? If that is the
>case you can choose that option on the EasyShare Gallery web site and
>have the book created, printed and bound then shipped to your location.
>Is this your interest? If not please review what you want to do
>exactly. Since I know EasyShare Gallery the best, I can tell you that
>it is quite possible to create an album on the EasyShare Gallery site,
>then select as many images as you want to be uploaded to that album.
>They can then be included in a book where they will be oriented for
>printing. Once complete the printing is done and the book bound and
>shipped to your address.
>
>Is this what you are interested in doing? If so, just go the Gallery
>and review the process. You can get there by going to the Kodak site
>and clicking on the EasyShare Gallery link.
>
>http://www.kodak.com
>
>Talk to you soon, let me know if this is what you needed?
>
>Ron Baird
>Eastman Kodak Company

Ron,

What I want to do is create the entire book on my computer and upload
it in finished form. That is how it is done in IPhoto and I was very
comfortable with the process. On the Easy-Share site, you upload the
pictures and create the book on the Easy-Share website. I made a few
sample books this way but it was difficult for me to fine tune it.
Since IPhoto uses Kodak for processing the finished book I assume that
there is probably a Windows based package that has the same
capability.
September 20, 2005 9:06:32 AM

Charlie <charlie> wrote:
>I'm looking for this functionality from a Windows program. I want to
>create a photo ablum and upload it to a service like Kodak and have it
>printed. A lot of Windows programs will allow me to make an album and
>print it or upload it to a website but I haven't found one that will
>allow it to be uploaded for printing. Can anyone recommend one? I know
>that Kodak will let me make one on their site but it is fairly
>generic.

Photoshop Elements.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer@sonic.net

Greetings,

Yes, Kodak does offer a Windows based option for making books, as you
have found. I am afraid that all Kodak offers is what is on the
EasyShare Gallery. There are other places that have services and that
might offer something else more akin to your work and that are more
closely related to what you prefer?

Talk to you soon,

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company