Sign in with
Your question

Cant log into websites! HALP!

Tags:
  • Firefox
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
February 10, 2012 6:12:39 PM

hi. so i recently reformated my computer. However, i cannot seem to log into newegg at all. when i enter my username and password it just goes back to the home page without logging in. I tried it on firefox, IE, and chrome. Ive read that firefox sometimes has this problem but im experiencing this problem with all my browsers. Anyone know what the problem might be and how i can fix it?

thanks! :hello: 

More about : log websites halp

a b $ Windows 7
February 10, 2012 6:24:06 PM

Hello computernewb;

Besides NewEgg what websites are you having trouble logging into??
m
l
February 10, 2012 6:26:45 PM

nothing else. i can log into this website, my emails, and some other forums i visit. Just newegg at the moment.
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
February 10, 2012 6:41:06 PM

Doesn't sound like a Windows 7 issue to me.
You have any pop-up blockers running? Stuff like that?

Boot into Safe Mode with networking and try to log @ NewEgg from there.
m
l
February 10, 2012 8:20:21 PM

i have ad block plus running on firefox but im having trouble with all my web browsers. I just tried to buy something from meritline but im getting a similar load problem at checkout. Is there something on e-commerce sites thats preventing my web browsers to work properly?

is there something in safe mode that will help me solve this problem?

thanks!

oh yea. i never had this problem before. it was after i reformated my computer a couple days ago.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
February 10, 2012 9:20:02 PM

Safe Mode will only load the basic/minimum parts of Windows and no other programs.
If you can sign on in Safe Mode you can start thinking about what programs might be causing that.
m
l
February 11, 2012 12:47:55 AM

i tried to add 216.52.208.185 www.newegg.com
216.52.208.188 secure.newegg.com to the host file. but it says i need to contact administrator to do that? whats that?
m
l
!