Sign in with
Your question
Solved

RE: Triple monitor setup [Nvidia GTX 670 SLI]

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 19, 2012 1:16:40 AM

I have a question regarding the following monitor capabilities in a 3 monitor setup.

I plan to use the following 3 monitors:

Samsung 27" Syncmaster P2770FH
2x Dell 23" VWXFG

I'm wondering if these monitors would be capable of working in a triple monitor setup using Nvida GTX 670's in a dual SLI.

I still haven't read up on how to do the triple monitor setup, but wanted to know if I can pre-purchase the Dell monitors.

Best solution

July 19, 2012 1:34:29 AM

You should just go with 3 LED backlight monitors instead of mixing a TFT and 2 LED's. It will work but I am not sure of what it will look like.
a b C Monitor
July 19, 2012 1:38:24 AM

Have you already purchase the 670's?
m
l
Related resources
July 19, 2012 1:44:33 AM

tinmann said:
You should just go with 3 LED backlight monitors instead of mixing a TFT and 2 LED's. It will work but I am not sure of what it will look like.

Thanks tinmann,

I was actually considering going that route, and probably will end up getting 3 LED's. :) 
m
l
July 19, 2012 1:46:21 AM

redeemer said:
Have you already purchase the 670's?

Yes, they will be arriving tomorrow, if UPS keeps to the delivery estimate. Anything particular reason that you inquired about it?

You got me paranoid that maybe I could have gone a better route. :pt1cable: 
m
l
a b C Monitor
July 19, 2012 1:59:52 AM

No not at all they will perform wonderfully, my preference would have been to go with two 7970's because of the Vram and 384 bus. The incredibly low power draw from the 670's are a big plus however. A lot of games use FXAA and soon maybe TXAA so wont require much memory. Back to the point you are SLI'ing two monsters you will be fine for a long time.
m
l
July 19, 2012 2:07:03 AM

redeemer said:
No not at all they will perform wonderfully, my preference would have been to go with two 7970's because of the Vram and 384 bus. The incredibly low power draw from the 670's are a big plus however. A lot of games use FXAA and soon maybe TXAA so wont require much memory. Back to the point you are SLI'ing two monsters you will be fine for a long time.

Thank you for putting any fears I had to rest. :lol: 

I guess I can mark this as solved since my initial concerns were the compatability of using mixed monitors in an Nvidia surround setup. I'll most likely purchase 3 of the same monitors.
m
l
July 29, 2012 12:17:45 AM

Best answer selected by M1ndBl0w3r.
m
l
!