Solved

Poor Performance 6970

I've been getting so so performance in Crysis and Crysis 2.

I'm running each game maxed out, Crysis has Very high on all setting, + MSAA 4X, and realsis installed on 1920x1080. Crysis 2 I am running Ultra on everything with hi res textures and DX11 on 1920x1080. My system specs are

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T stock speeds

8GB DDR3-1333

XFX Radeon HD 6970 2GB

I have read reports of most people with a system similar to mine get 30FPS+ and I'm wondering why I haven't. I am running Windows 7 Pro x64.
13 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about poor performance 6970
  1. what frames are you getting
  2. you are kinda bottlenecking your system you have a good card but a not so good cpu and try the settings on medium and you will most likely get about 45-60 fps
  3. Sorry dude but the 6970 is a beast but it cannot handle a maxed out crysis 2
  4. devilofdeaths said:
    you are kinda bottlenecking your system you have a good card but a not so good cpu and try the settings on medium and you will most likely get about 45-60 fps



    a phenom x6 would definitely not bottle neck a 6950 O_o
  5. dudewitbow said:
    a phenom x6 would definitely not bottle neck a 6950 O_o

    sorry misread thought it said X4
  6. devilofdeaths said:
    sorry misread thought it said X4



    even something like a x4 965 BE shouldnt bottleneck a 6950. the statement would also mean all core2 processors and 1st gen i3/i5 would bottleneck as well with a this age mid range graphics card.
  7. I'm getting 30-40 on Crysis with drops to about 15-20 in heavy combat. And I'm getting about 20-25 in Crysis 2. Is there any way to increase performance without losing visual quality?
  8. stant1rm said:
    I'm getting 30-40 on Crysis with drops to about 15-20 in heavy combat. And I'm getting about 20-25 in Crysis 2. Is there any way to increase performance without losing visual quality?


    unless its a heat problem or driver related, a speed increase by other methods would be minimal.(outside of overclocking of course)
  9. Best answer

    Quote:
    At 1080p, only the Radeon HD 6970s in CrossFire and GeForce GTX 580s in SLI deliver completely fluid frame rates.
  10. stant1rm said:
    I'm getting 30-40 on Crysis with drops to about 15-20 in heavy combat. And I'm getting about 20-25 in Crysis 2. Is there any way to increase performance without losing visual quality?

    im sorry dude but your card just isnt powerful enough to run crysis 2 on max settings crysis is a very toll taking game even on newer cards(besides the 7900 series and 670 and up)
  11. Best answer selected by stant1rm.
  12. Thanks we_san. The benchmark helped.
  13. u r welcome. glad to help
Ask a new question

Read More

Tuner Cards Performance Crysis Graphics