Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Radeon 7640G

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
July 19, 2012 2:03:14 AM

Hi. I'm getting a new laptop since my $300 Emachines can't run anything besides Team Fortress 2 at 25 frames per second.

It has to be from Walmart, because I have a gift card for there. The best one I can find for how much money I have is:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/HP-Black-17.3-Pavilion-g7-206...

Keep in mind, the only games I want to play on it are Garry's Mod, Team Fortress 2, Left for Dead 2, and Minecraft.

What can I expect to game on with the 7640G? Is the 6250G or 7520G any better? The laptop also comes with an A8-4500M processor and 6GB of RAM. It says the card can borrow up to 4GB of memory.







Don't...

Bump posts


http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/283384-33-read-first

More about : radeon 7640g

July 21, 2012 6:55:43 PM

plantlet said:
Hi. I'm getting a new laptop since my $300 Emachines can't run anything besides Team Fortress 2 at 25 frames per second.

It has to be from Walmart, because I have a gift card for there. The best one I can find for how much money I have is:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/HP-Black-17.3-Pavilion-g7-206...

Keep in mind, the only games I want to play on it are Garry's Mod, Team Fortress 2, Left for Dead 2, and Minecraft.

What can I expect to game on with the 7640G? Is the 6250G or 7520G any better? The laptop also comes with an A8-4500M processor and 6GB of RAM. It says the card can borrow up to 4GB of memory.







Don't...

Bump posts


http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/283384-33-read-first



just got a toshiba a8 4500 with a 7640G, no dedicated card. was able to bump up the ram to 8gb and this setup alone can run new vegas on high. not bad the price, 529.99.
m
0
l
July 23, 2012 7:04:40 AM

I am actually thinking of just building a desktop. I can get an AMD Phenom II X4 965, Radeon 6850, 8GB of RAM, a 22 inch monitor and motherboard for $500. Already got a case and PSU.
m
0
l
Related resources
a c 194 U Graphics card
July 23, 2012 7:34:48 AM

Which PSU are you using? The computer looks solid so far.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
July 23, 2012 9:28:00 AM

id say spend the 78$ remaining and instead of ahd 6850 get a gtx 560ti
m
0
l
July 26, 2012 6:42:48 AM

Deemo13 said:
Which PSU are you using? The computer looks solid so far.

My dad has an old 560W PSU. Either Silverstone or Antec.
panwala95 said:
id say spend the 78$ remaining and instead of ahd 6850 get a gtx 560ti

Was actually maybe even thinking of a 6870 2GB, but I think that may be a bit overkill just for running at 1600x900 resolution.
m
0
l
a c 194 U Graphics card
July 26, 2012 7:05:57 AM

I would say the same for the 6870, its good at the price, and you could have some money leftover for games.

And as long as the PSU is brand name I am not going to worry.
m
0
l
!