Sign in with
Your question

AMD FX 4100 Temperature 60 celcius

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
January 21, 2013 3:58:40 AM

Hi,

Just assembled the PC, but the CPU temperatur is 50 celcius at idle, while shoots upto more than 60 celcius when some applications are opened. Is it normal?

No Overclocking done. I have not tinkered with any of the default mobo settings. the Heatsink fan is running at around 3000 rpm.

Please let me know, as this is the first time I have assembled on my own.

Thanks a lot,

My System Config.
AMD FX 4100 (with Stock Heatsink Fan- preapplied Thermal Paste)
Gigabyte 78lmt usb3
Corsair VS550
Corsair DDR3 4 GB (1600 mhz)

More about : amd 4100 temperature celcius

a b à CPUs
January 21, 2013 4:16:14 AM

It definitely sounds like you didn't properly attach the heatsink. You should reapply it with new thermal paste and check your temperatures again. I'd recommend getting Arctic's MX-4, it's non-conductive and has excellent thermal conductivity.
m
l
Related resources
January 21, 2013 4:16:22 AM

smorizio said:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/335853-28-4100-temps-...

dont think your coolers locked down also check to see if your core voltage is overclocked.

Can be smorizio, as I did it for first time. When I tried to lock the latch of heatsink further, it was pressing hard the cpu. how to know that the latch is properly locked (is there any clicking sound)!!!please let me know.

Also, how to check whether core volate is overclocked (pls rply as I am very new to this)

Thanks
m
l
January 21, 2013 4:45:04 AM

Yes u here clicking sound. Or watch YouTube video for more information by video . Load default settings in bios (all settings goto default including vcore).
m
l
January 21, 2013 4:59:23 AM

hytecgowthaman said:
Yes u here clicking sound. Or watch YouTube video for more information by video . Load default settings in bios (all settings goto default including vcore).

I tried but its pressing hard the cpu...can I detach and then attach the stock heatsink...do I need to apply the Thermal paste (as it was already there preapplied on the Stock Heatsink Fan?
m
l
a b à CPUs
January 21, 2013 5:16:30 AM

wipe off the old thermal patse and apply new thermal paste
m
l
January 24, 2013 7:37:07 AM

doubletake said:
It definitely sounds like you didn't properly attach the heatsink. You should reapply it with new thermal paste and check your temperatures again. I'd recommend getting Arctic's MX-4, it's non-conductive and has excellent thermal conductivity.

I did the same, still the temp starts at 48 celc and shoost uo to 61 celc in few minutes. Ist there a problem in CPU or mobo?
m
l
!