c0mrade

Honorable
Apr 25, 2012
Everytime I play BF3, i get about 20 minutes into it and then the game crashes and i get windows error message saying, display driver has stopped working and has recovered.
i have a evga gtx 670 ftw
asus p8z77-v mobo
it seems that its happening more frequently over time, it started happening rarely and now it happens everytime i play the game after about 20 minutes..
i tried reinstalling the drivers, since then i have even reinstalled windows, i even tried new drivers from the geforce website and the drivers on the disc they provided with the card.. this problem will not go away..
it ONLY happens on BF3. I've played hours on other games with no issue at all... i tried looking for answers all over google with no results.
the only thing i can think of at this point is RMA.. but i'd like to see what you guys think since i have no clue what this is..

fantastik250

Distinguished
Has this been happening ever since you got the card? And what driver version was stable for you before the issues started happening?

Battlefield has a weird issue with Nvidia and AMD at the moment. You can try a repair installation. Go into Origin, right click on the Battlefield 3 game and select repair install. If you have a fast connection it shouldn't take that long.

Another thing is to try the Nvidia BETA drivers. Select the appropriate card and it should be 304.79
http://www.geforce.com/drivers/beta-legacy

If you have any other things running in the background you may want to turn it off such as anti-virus and other programs.

Post back on the results after you tried these options out.