Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Psu Exploded.. Now what

Last response: in Components
January 21, 2013 4:09:19 AM

So anyways 6 months ago i bought a PSU and case combo from msy.com.au which costed me $30 AUD It worked for 6 months until i started noticing that the screen randomly went black when playing videos or playing games.. So i had to restart the computer. Anyways it was happening more and more often until today i decided to see if it was a GPU related problem so i opened the case and checked i found everything was fine. Then i turned on the computer again and BANG with a blue light spark.. It SHOCKED the hell out of me there was no smoke coming out but im guessing that the PSU is obviously dead. Could anyone recommend me a new Psu? I would spend a lot of money on it as long as its not a ticking firework anymore. I run the following build:

Intel pentium G850
powercolor ATI 6870 GPU
and a h61m mobo

And i do not overclock :??:  thanks

More about : psu exploded

January 21, 2013 4:33:29 AM

Just a decent 500w would suit you. Say a seasonic 500w. make sure it's an 80 plus bronze or more though just to be safe.
have you checked that your parts are not fried. Surges like that can really damage your PC.
m
l
January 21, 2013 4:50:33 AM

jakewat97 said:
Just a decent 500w would suit you. Say a seasonic 500w. make sure it's an 80 plus bronze or more though just to be safe.
have you checked that your parts are not fried. Surges like that can really damage your PC.

Havn't checked too scared to open case :c
m
l

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
January 21, 2013 8:00:54 AM

Looking at what MSY have to offer http://msy.com.au/default.jsp?category=95, I'd recommend the Antec Neo Eco 520c. That's a good quality Seasonic built unit.

If that's too expensive, Go with the Corsair VS450.
!