Hello I just want some help with this Package that I am planning to buy

CPU:INTEL CORE i3 2120 3.3GHZ
MOBO:GIGABYTE GA-H61M-DS2
Hard Disk: WESTERN DIGITAL 500GB 7200rpm SATA3
Memory: TEAM ELITE 4GB DDR3
Graphics: AMD RADEON 6670 GDDR5
PSU: TrendSonic 600W PSU
Chassis: FRONTIER ARES gaming chassis
• Dual Fan: 120mm LED Fan (front); 80mm Fan (side)
+ keyboard, and mouse.

Price: $287

I will use the PC in web design and programming and I game a bit with likes of NBA2k12 and FIFA, and I want to try Battlefield 3.- can I play these games at high quality/ medium quality with these specs? If not what graphics card do you recommend to buy?
Is this PC Good? I just have $300 budget.

Thanks for the help. Newbie Here.

mikerockett

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2012
$300 is an exceptionally limited budget that you will struggle with i think.

BF3 is quite an intense game, you will not be playing on high settings with that set up for sure. NBA and fifa i'm not so sure about.

Not heard of a Trendsonic PSU but if it's a bundled PSU i'd be wary of it.

hellfire66

Honorable
Sep 6, 2012
$300 is an exceptionally limited budget that you will struggle with i think.

BF3 is quite an intense game, you will not be playing on high settings with that set up for sure. NBA and fifa i'm not so sure about.

Not heard of a Trendsonic PSU but if it's a bundled PSU i'd be wary of it.

Thanks for the answer. The package is the sweetest deal here in my place here in the Philippines. Another question can I still upgrade my CPU in the future with just replacing the i3?

mikerockett

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2012
Yes you could upgrade the CPU although i would look to upgrading the GPU first.

Also look into getting an SSD too.

Have a look for some reviews or information on that PSU too as if it is a no name brand as i suspect you will want to look at replacing that first and foremost.

And i agree with big troll, the case does look cheap, not to mention quite tacky.

hellfire66

Honorable
Sep 6, 2012
its kinda pointless to spend 100 dollars now on a i3 and get a i5 later on for 200 when you can just get the i5 in the first place
Well I'm just still a student and $100 I can get for 2 months with my allowance and I really need the PC right now with my laptop's screen busted. Planning to buy a Real PC when I get a job.

mikerockett

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2012
Yes, that was my point, some people would prefer to spend more but spread the cost over a period of time, fits there budget easier.

But i digress, the question asked was can the CPU be upgraded and the answer is yes, a socket 1155 upgrade like i5. No, not to the 1150 haswell architecture CPU's when they're released.