6600 firmware question

Last response: in Brands
September 21, 2004 3:45:58 PM

What is the latest firmware version for the 6600, and have they fixed the
Bluetooth headset bug?

More about : 6600 firmware question

Anonymous
September 21, 2004 3:51:30 PM

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 11:45:58 +0100, "Rob Tompsett" <info@rtphoto.net>
wrote:

>What is the latest firmware version for the 6600, and have they fixed the
>Bluetooth headset bug?

If you mean, do both bt headset and phone ring i think the answer is
yes in the latest 5.27.

v5.27.0 improvements:
Quote:
Java
- User Agent added to Http Post command
- URL encoding in GET JAR disabled
- Java application download to MMC
- DRM files visible in application manager
- Improvements in java downloading through WAP
- Improvements in COD and DRM downloading

Browser

- Cookie load/unload case in browser UI corrected
- Corrections in browser to present operator wap pages correctly
- Application stability improved when starting streaming via browser
- Support for php link

Messaging

- WBMP supported in MMS
- MMS presentation improvements
- MMS forward with SMIL presentation
- Animated GIF
- Two slide MMS with image and video clip
- Jpeg support in email
- RFM ringing tones added to the list of not forwardable ringing tones
- SMS case in Chinese variant corrected

Bluetooth

- Interoperability improvements with PDA devices
- Security improvements against hackers in SDP services
- Stability with carkit connection improved

Networking

- HTTP transmission optimization

Streaming

- Streaming connection handling inprovements

Accessories

- Ringtones and warning tones routed to both Bluetooth accessories and
intergraded handsfree in terminal side
- Ringing tone improvements when using HDB-5 and HS-3W headsets

Languages/variants

- Video Recorder default file name changed to English in Arabic and
Hebrew variants
- Automatic language feature support more languages
- Camera help text updated in Chinese variants

Other changes

- Speed of opening phonebook application improved when phonebook
contains lot of entries
- Speed of opening calender application is improved when calender
contains a lot of notes
- Power consumption decreased when terminal is in screen saver mode
- Power consumption decreased when bluetooth accessory connected
- Ringtone loudness increased when vibra is on to the same level than
when vibra is off
- RMF format added to Closed Content List
September 21, 2004 3:51:31 PM

regards:

where I can download the latest nokia6600 firmware

thank you
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
September 22, 2004 4:06:52 PM

On 21 Sep 2004, at 07:03:00 [GMT -0700] (00:03:00 Wednesday, 22 September
2004 where I live) "mike" wrote:

> where I can download the latest nokia6600 firmware

Nowhere. Take to Nokia service centre

--
I can keep a secret, it's the people I tell who can't.
September 22, 2004 4:06:53 PM

> Nowhere. Take to Nokia service centre

regards:

you mean the on the internet or "real world Nokia service
centre,(where there is buildings and people)?!

thank you
Anonymous
September 22, 2004 8:07:34 PM

On 22 Sep 2004 00:39:42 -0700, s917124@mail.yzu.edu.tw (mike) wrote:

> you mean the on the internet or "real world Nokia service
>centre,(where there is buildings and people)?!

The real one. With people and stuff. Real people.

They will also have the required equipment to tdo the upgrade, which you can't
do yourself.

--
Chris Pollard

http://www.cginternet.net
Anonymous
September 22, 2004 8:07:35 PM

But have they fixed the problem with the bluetooth headset always remaining
on, thus draining its battery within a couple of hours?

"Christopher Pollard" <rubbish@cginternet.net> wrote in message
> On 22 Sep 2004 00:39:42 -0700, s917124@mail.yzu.edu.tw (mike) wrote:
>
>> you mean the on the internet or "real world Nokia service
>>centre,(where there is buildings and people)?!
>
> The real one. With people and stuff. Real people.
>
> They will also have the required equipment to tdo the upgrade, which you
> can't
> do yourself.
>

> --
> Chris Pollard
>

> CG Internet café, Tagum City, Philippines
> http://www.cginternet.net
Anonymous
September 23, 2004 2:56:40 AM

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004, at 16:07:34 [GMT +0800] (18:07:34 Wednesday, 22
September 2004 where I live) "Christopher Pollard" wrote:

> They will also have the required equipment to tdo the upgrade, which you can't
> do yourself.

About time Nokia wrote firmware which allowed you to do this yourself, like
SE and Siemens.

--
Men die and worms eat them - but not for love -- Shakespeare
September 24, 2004 6:37:19 AM

But don't take it to Premier Eurocom in Slough. They insist version 4 is
the most recent firmware.

"John Phillips" <flatulentdingo@deadspam.com> wrote in message

> On 21 Sep 2004, at 07:03:00 [GMT -0700] (00:03:00 Wednesday, 22 September
> 2004 where I live) "mike" wrote:
>
>> where I can download the latest nokia6600 firmware
>
> Nowhere. Take to Nokia service centre
>
> --
> I can keep a secret, it's the people I tell who can't.

Anonymous
September 25, 2004 6:46:48 PM

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 02:37:19 +0000 (UTC), "Rob"
<robnash@btinternet.com> wrote:

>But don't take it to Premier Eurocom in Slough. They insist version 4 is
>the most recent firmware.
>
>"John Phillips" <flatulentdingo@deadspam.com> wrote in message
>>

>> On 21 Sep 2004, at 07:03:00 [GMT -0700] (00:03:00 Wednesday, 22 September
>> 2004 where I live) "mike" wrote:
>>
>>> where I can download the latest nokia6600 firmware
>>
>> Nowhere. Take to Nokia service centre
>>
>> --
>> I can keep a secret, it's the people I tell who can't.

Goto Nokia's website and find the support section which tells you your
nearest Service Centre. Ring them up and ask them what version they
have OR contact CRC which is Nokia's approved mail order service
centre and ask them if they have 5.27. if you use CRC you pay the
postage to them and they return it FOC.

According to my local service centre in York they still have 4.09.1 so
the latest 5.27 is not in general release as yet, in fact I have yet
to see anybody who has confimred its availablity in the UK.

Chris P Bacon
Anonymous
October 1, 2004 1:14:35 PM

Today I'm going to a Nokia Service Point overhere in Holland, to flash my
6600 to 5.27.0

--
Henk van Loosbroek. ICQ: 50931463
My firmware:

"cyberkid" <andy.haigh@XbreatheX.com> schreef in bericht
> According to my local service centre in York they still have 4.09.1 so
> the latest 5.27 is not in general release as yet, in fact I have yet
> to see anybody who has confimred its availablity in the UK.
>
> Chris P Bacon

---
October 2, 2004 12:40:13 AM

On Fri, 1 Oct 2004, at 09:14:35 [GMT +0200] (17:14:35 Friday, 1 October 2004
where I live) "Henk Loosbroek" wrote:

> Today I'm going to a Nokia Service Point overhere in Holland, to flash my
> 6600 to 5.27.0

So can you report back later and advise any changes?

--
"There are lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- Mark Twain
Anonymous

Just picked-up my 6600 and will test it now; 1st impression: faster!
The start-up tune is OK again . . .

--
Henk van Loosbroek. ICQ: 50931463
My firmware: