TheLastBaron

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012
I've had this problem for a while now, it's happened at some point or another on pretty much every pc I've had for the past 10 years, but on my current PC it happens very frequently (multiple times a day sometimes). What happens is the system audio dies and won't come back unless I disable and re-enable the playback device (in this case a M-Audio Delta 1010LT). While the sound isn't working things like Youtube videos and music in Spotify/Foobar/WinMedia/ect. won't play, meaning when I hit play the media will stay where it was as if it was paused, but when I disable/re-enable the playback device everything returns to normal. Also one thing I've noticed is that sound will cut out when I switch from one thing to another, for example it never dies while in in the middle of something like watching a Youtube video, but sometimes I'll watch a video and switch to Foobar and try and play a song and it won't play and I'll realize the system audio has died. Can anyone help me figure out what the cause of this is? My drivers for everything in my PC are up to date.