NEED SOME HELP SELECTING MOBO & CPU

harufam

Honorable
Sep 2, 2012
I am not a gamer, just a browser. I need to know whether I have to have a CPU w/integrated graphics (ie: AMD A series) or do I use a CPU w/o graphics (ie: Anthlon II X4 631). I have tentatively chosen the Asus F1-A75-M MOBO because of all the features and its accomodation for future needs. It has integrated graphics and two video ports so I can use duel monitors also and I can put both of these together for about $170. My question is, do I need to use a CPU that also has graphics when using this MOBO? I don't want to waste money having two components "fight each other" to provide graphics. If you have a better solution like using a video card within this range, please let me know. I was going to load up on RAM to allow for the increased use for graphics.

My present Dell Dimmension 2400 w/ Celeron 2.4ghz is maxed at 1g ram and I have to wait for letters to appear on the screen. So, as you can see anything would be a great step up. THANX

shafe88

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
No you do not haft to use a cpu with integrated graphics, but if your choose a cpu without integrated graphics you will need a desecrate graphics card. So if you don't plan on gaming your best bet is to get a cpu with integrated graphics since you wont be saving much by going with a cpu without integrated graphics and by the time you add a cheap desecrate graphics you'll end up spending more.

I would not go FM1 mobo and chip, as it is dead from a future proofing point of view.

you could go for an AM3+ board with an FX chip, but get a board with integrated GPU, 990G for instance. or an intel pentium GXXX chip with almost any mobo would give you sufficient graphical capability.