Akky22

Honorable
Jul 19, 2012
Hey there guys, I'm in a pretty frustrating and confusing situation. I've recently built a new PC and this is the first time I'm running an SLI set up.

My current specs are
newpcspecs.png

However the second 560 ti is not being detected. Both cards work individually on the first PCI slot, but the intended slot for a second card isn't detected the installed device. At first I figured it was a busted PCI slot since the graphic cards are SLI supported and the motherboard comes SLI ready, so I was issued a refund. Upon installation of the new motherboard, I have the exact same problem.

Things I have tried:

1. Re-install Video drivers
2. Update BIOS
3. Get a replacement motherboard
4. Manually activate the PCI slot in the BIOS
5. Sacrifice an assortment of small animals

I'm pretty much stuck at this point. Neither Nvdia configuration or Device manager detect the 2nd 560 ti and I'm at the end of my troubleshooting list.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I can't figure out what the heck is causing this!

Thanks!
-Jess

MEMOFLEX

Distinguished
The fact that this is the second motherboard makes me think that it nay not be the 2nd slot (although it could be). Have you tried using the 3rd slot on your motherboard to see whether it picks up the gpu? I know in a most cases it will put your card very close to either the bottom of your case or the PSU (unless you have a 9 expansion slot case like the HAF X among a few others) but for testing sake it would eliminate possible issues in that if it doesn't work there either then it could well be your PSU but until we know what it is I am just troubleshooting with a blindfold on.

Akky22

Honorable
Jul 19, 2012

I've yet to try the third slot, which I'll probably do tomorrow. It'll be close to the PSU but there will be enough space to avoid any complications.

I don't believe the issue lies with the PSU, it's a 1000 watt gold series so I don't see how that could be the problem.