New Laptop - Low FPS in EVERY game.

ellyo414

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2008
Recently got a laptop as I'm starting university soon, and in my spare time when I have nothing to study / work on I was wanting to play some low performance games in the down time. Tried playing games like Quake 3 and Counter-Strike 1.6 which a laptop from 2012 should be able to run EASILY but I get crap frames and cannot break past even with performance settings. Although I know my computer isn't a gaming laptop, it should be able to run these older games no problem. Here's my specs:

Specifications

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2350M CPU @ 2.30GHz
GPU: Intel HD3000 Graphics
RAM: 6GB

Is there something wrong that is causing me to perform so poorly on these older games? Thanks ahead.

EDIT: Drivers have been updated and everything so that's not the issue.

ellyo414

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2008

Runs new age games like League of Legends at 120FPS. Just confused why it's not consistent

This is really just meant to barely get by in games have a look.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Intel-HD-Graphics-3000-graphics-solution.43710.0.html

Yes it is better than the last gen but that gen could almost play nothing this gen can play a few things on low settings... And almost no games over 1024x768 well anyway..

Thent

PS I have an i7 laptop with a 560gtx in it and I am not particularly happy with its performance I can't imagine getting close to what you want with integrated.