Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

6 Monitor Display With 2 Graphics Cards

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
July 19, 2012 5:44:11 AM

EDIT: ANSWER:

I installed 2 x Asus HD7750s into my PC (1xHDMI, 1xDVI, 1XDP) and they do support 6 displays in an extended format. If the monitor doesn't have DP capability you do have to purchase an active DP to DVI or HDMI converter.


Hello,

I want to set up a 6 monitor display for business purposes and was wondering if I would be able to do so with 2 x Asus HD7750 (1xHDMI, 1xDVI, 1xDP each).

I realise the cards can't be in crossfire as it renders the secondary card's ports useless.

Best solution

July 19, 2012 7:35:43 AM

Rd2Cyp said:
Hello,

I want to set up a 6 monitor display for business purposes and was wondering if I would be able to do so with 2 x Asus HD7750 (1xHDMI, 1xDVI, 1xDP each).

I realise the cards can't be in crossfire as it renders the secondary card's ports useless.


Yes you should be able to do that. I have two HD6850 running both outputting to 3 monitors (DVI, DVI-VGA, DP-VGA). The 7750 should work pretty much the same.


All you need to do (unless you have monitors that can natively display DP) is to make sure you get an active adapter (if going from DP to DVI or HDMI).
Share
July 19, 2012 9:26:06 AM

Best answer selected by Rd2Cyp.
Score
0
Related resources
July 19, 2012 9:27:24 AM

gremlin03 said:
Yes you should be able to do that. I have two HD6850 running both outputting to 3 monitors (DVI, DVI-VGA, DP-VGA). The 7750 should work pretty much the same.


All you need to do (unless you have monitors that can natively display DP) is to make sure you get an active adapter (if going from DP to DVI or HDMI).


Yeah, I'm going to need to get an active DP to DVI. Hopefully it all works out.
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
July 19, 2012 9:39:32 AM

I don't think you can run 6 monitors on 2 video cards. I think you could do 4, but I don't think 6.

Look into this more.
Score
0
July 19, 2012 9:43:00 AM

envy14tpe said:
I don't think you can run 6 monitors on 2 video cards. I think you could do 4, but I don't think 6.

Look into this more.



These are AMD cards with Eyefinity capabilities. They can run 3 screens each.

My problem is that the only specifics I can find are the 6 DP GPUs. No one really talks about using 2 for 6.

I'm fairly certain that most Nvidia cards can't do 6.
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
July 26, 2012 7:51:33 AM

how'd it turn out?
Score
0
a c 271 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
July 26, 2012 11:25:14 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
0
!