6 Monitor Display With 2 Graphics Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rd2Cyp

Honorable
Jul 19, 2012
EDIT: ANSWER:

I installed 2 x Asus HD7750s into my PC (1xHDMI, 1xDVI, 1XDP) and they do support 6 displays in an extended format. If the monitor doesn't have DP capability you do have to purchase an active DP to DVI or HDMI converter.

Hello,

I want to set up a 6 monitor display for business purposes and was wondering if I would be able to do so with 2 x Asus HD7750 (1xHDMI, 1xDVI, 1xDP each).

I realise the cards can't be in crossfire as it renders the secondary card's ports useless.

Solution

Yes you should be able to do that. I have two HD6850 running both outputting to 3 monitors (DVI, DVI-VGA, DP-VGA). The 7750 should work pretty much the same.

All you need to do (unless you have monitors that can natively display DP) is to make sure you get an active adapter (if going from DP to DVI or HDMI).

gremlin03

Honorable
Jul 19, 2012

Yes you should be able to do that. I have two HD6850 running both outputting to 3 monitors (DVI, DVI-VGA, DP-VGA). The 7750 should work pretty much the same.

All you need to do (unless you have monitors that can natively display DP) is to make sure you get an active adapter (if going from DP to DVI or HDMI).

Solution

Rd2Cyp

Honorable
Jul 19, 2012

Yeah, I'm going to need to get an active DP to DVI. Hopefully it all works out.

Rd2Cyp

Honorable
Jul 19, 2012

These are AMD cards with Eyefinity capabilities. They can run 3 screens each.

My problem is that the only specifics I can find are the 6 DP GPUs. No one really talks about using 2 for 6.

I'm fairly certain that most Nvidia cards can't do 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.