Hunter pet abilities, level requirement?

hi, I got from this group a link to a page with the pet abilities u can
learn from certain pets but, not the level u need to have to learn them.
I'm lvl 27 and I was trying to get dash and some other thinghs listed there
by killing multipe mobs of that type and nothing.
btw the abilities I know: growl, cower, bite , claw, were learned on the
first tame I think, so there must be a level requrement for them. Any ideas
?

On Thu, 8 Sep 2005 10:31:14 +0200, Night Elf <email@hotmail.com> wrote:

> hi, I got from this group a link to a page with the pet abilities u can
> learn from certain pets but, not the level u need to have to learn them.
If you are speaking of the same list that I use (sorry, don't know the URL
by heart) then you do have this information, though indirectly. The list I
am talking of, indicates which level a mob has, that let's you learn a
certain ability.

e.g. (and I'm making this up): Claw Rank 1 can be learned from Juvenile Snow
Leopards (6-7) in Dun Morogh.

As you need to be at least of the same level as a mob to tame it, this
means, you will need to be level 6 or 7 to tame this animal and learn Claw
(1) from it.

Often - especially for higher skills - there are a number of animals, so you
may be able to learn Bite Rank 6 from one mob lvl48 in Feralas, another mob
lvl56 in Winterspring and a third type of mob lvl52 in the Blasted Lands.
This means, you would need to be at least level 48 to learn Bite Rank 6.

Again: As I don't have the list with me, all examples of skills, levels,
ranks and zones are made up purely to illustrate my point.

> I'm lvl 27 and I was trying to get dash and some other thinghs listed there
> by killing multipe mobs of that type and nothing.

Actually, you do not learn the skills be killing those mobs. What you need
to do is stable your 'permanent pet' and go tame one of those pets that are
listed. Once it is tamed, it's worth opening your spell book and if you got
the right mob, there should be a special tab for your newly tamed pet
listing the skills it has. Once that is verified (important for me, as the
table is english and I play on a german server, so often it is a guessing
game what mob exactly I need to tame) you can then start attacking mobs with
your new pet, at some point you will get a message stating that you learnt
its new skill. At this point you can release the pet, go back to the stable
and teach your permanent pet the new skill - if it can learn it.

> btw the abilities I know: growl, cower, bite , claw, were learned on the
> first tame I think, so there must be a level requrement for them.

I am not sure I understand what you mean with this. I had to tame various
beasts to assemble all those abilities. My cat knew nothing to begin with,
so I had to learn and then train each of those abilites seperately.

Hope this helps
Urbin

ps. For all those knowing both the english and german terms: My table states
that Dash rank X can be learned from 'Grunter, 50, Blasted lands'. I
have been looking all over those blasted lands but haven't found any
level 50 animals that knew the skill. Any idea what a grunter is called
in German? Or is it a named animal? If so, where can it be found? Thanks
for the help.

--
Urbin (54), Dwarven Hunter (PvE) @dunmorogh.de
Gera (14), Human Paladin (PvE) @dunmorogh.de

"Night Elf" <email@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
> hi, I got from this group a link to a page with the pet abilities u can
> learn from certain pets but, not the level u need to have to learn them.
> I'm lvl 27 and I was trying to get dash and some other thinghs listed
there
> by killing multipe mobs of that type and nothing.
> btw the abilities I know: growl, cower, bite , claw, were learned on the
> first tame I think, so there must be a level requrement for them. Any
ideas
> ?

Try http://www.goodintentionsguild.info/

Some nice info there.

Night Elf wrote:
> For example I read that Dash (or charge or something) can be learned by a
> boar, but I tamed like 25 boars and nothing.
> I got claw on the first mob I tamed, growl on first bear and bite of the
> first turtle I tamed but .. but no dash (it sais on that web page that it
> could be learnd from boars).
> So I thought you must a certain level to learn it...

Not every boar has dash - you need to learn it from a specific type of
boar. I think that if you tame a Boar X and it doesn't have dash then
no Boar Xs will. One of the pet pages at www.goodintentionsguild.info
does give a list of abilities of each rank and tells you the name,
level and location of a few mobs that have it. The level restriction
comes if you find that the lowest mob with dash is higher than your
level - then you can't get it until you reach that level.

steve.kaye

Urbin wrote:
> ps. For all those knowing both the english and german terms: My table states
> that Dash rank X can be learned from 'Grunter, 50, Blasted lands'. I
> have been looking all over those blasted lands but haven't found any
> level 50 animals that knew the skill. Any idea what a grunter is called
> in German? Or is it a named animal? If so, where can it be found? Thanks
> for the help.

Grunter is a named animal, patrolling south/southwest of the alliance
castle, just above the middle of the map (near one of the camps where
the cave with the 2 demons is). He is a relatively rare spawn,
comparable to the nice fast pet in Badlands. The problem is, most people
dont know that hunters need it for the ability so they kill it for loot.

On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 11:04:29 +0200, Stavros Christoforou <stgreek@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Urbin wrote:
> > ps. For all those knowing both the english and german terms: My table states
> > that Dash rank X can be learned from 'Grunter, 50, Blasted lands'. I
> > have been looking all over those blasted lands but haven't found any
> > level 50 animals that knew the skill. Any idea what a grunter is called
> > in German? Or is it a named animal? If so, where can it be found? Thanks
> > for the help.
>
> Grunter is a named animal, patrolling south/southwest of the alliance
> castle, just above the middle of the map (near one of the camps where
> the cave with the 2 demons is). He is a relatively rare spawn,
> comparable to the nice fast pet in Badlands. The problem is, most people
> dont know that hunters need it for the ability so they kill it for loot.

Ah, no wonder I couldn't find him. But as I will be questing there anyway
I'll keep an eye out for him. Do you know how rare a spawn he is?

Thanks
Urbin

--

Urbin wrote:
> On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 11:04:29 +0200, Stavros Christoforou <stgreek@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Urbin wrote:
>>
>>>ps. For all those knowing both the english and german terms: My table states
>>> that Dash rank X can be learned from 'Grunter, 50, Blasted lands'. I
>>> have been looking all over those blasted lands but haven't found any
>>> level 50 animals that knew the skill. Any idea what a grunter is called
>>> in German? Or is it a named animal? If so, where can it be found? Thanks
>>> for the help.
>>
>> Grunter is a named animal, patrolling south/southwest of the alliance
>> castle, just above the middle of the map (near one of the camps where
>> the cave with the 2 demons is). He is a relatively rare spawn,
>> comparable to the nice fast pet in Badlands. The problem is, most people
>> dont know that hunters need it for the ability so they kill it for loot.
>

> Ah, no wonder I couldn't find him. But as I will be questing there anyway
> I'll keep an eye out for him. Do you know how rare a spawn he is?
>
> Thanks
> Urbin

As most roaming named ones, I believe he respawns every 8 hours, but
don't take my word on it :)

On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 11:32:05 +0200, Stavros Christoforou <stgreek@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Urbin wrote:
> >>
> >> Grunter is a named animal, patrolling south/southwest of the alliance
> >
> > Ah, no wonder I couldn't find him. But as I will be questing there anyway
> > I'll keep an eye out for him. Do you know how rare a spawn he is?
> >
> As most roaming named ones, I believe he respawns every 8 hours, but
> don't take my word on it :)

Thanks, I guess I will have to log in 8 hours after the big rush, then :)

Urbin

--

"Night Elf" <email@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> hi, I got from this group a link to a page with the pet abilities u can
> learn from certain pets but, not the level u need to have to learn them.
> I'm lvl 27 and I was trying to get dash and some other thinghs listed
> there by killing multipe mobs of that type and nothing.
> btw the abilities I know: growl, cower, bite , claw, were learned on the
> first tame I think, so there must be a level requrement for them. Any
> ideas ?

As stated elsewhere in this thread the Good Intentions site tells all. Go
to their home page and click on the Hunter Pets link to the left in the
margin. That will take you to a page with all current (pre 1.7) abilities,
what has them in what zone, what level the mob is, what level is required to
learn the ability, etc. There's also a page in the site that lists various
attack speed pets etc.

If the release of Dash and Dive is any indication, they will have the 1.7
skills listed soon after 1.7 goes live.

Hope that Helps and Happy Hunting! :)