Tags:
  • Nvidia
  • 3D
  • Compatibility
  • Graphics
  • Displays
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 19, 2012 7:10:54 AM

Ostensibly, 3D Vision should work with any 3D display that supports active shutter glasses, right?
But the list of compatible monitors is very small, and only Mitsubishi TVs are supported.
Somebody enlighten me, s'il vous plait.

More about : vision display specific

Best solution

July 19, 2012 7:04:52 PM

The way i see it is there is more availability when it comes to PC monitors because the manufactures of PC monitors rely on the drivers/software from 3rd party companies like Nvidia, AMD, Iz3d, DDD to power thier hardware.

TV manufactures need to have thier own software to power thier hardware (very few people plug thier PC's into 50'' TV's to watch the same media). This means 3D manufactures have to spend the xtra $/dev time working with Nvidia and AMD to provide compatible software, since most manufactures just rushed out 3D to have it as a standard feature not many are willing to do so and this leaves it all up to Nvidia and AMD to invest the money/time to make thier software compatible with the manufacture. On top of this not too many people who are going to buy that TV are going to go to Nvidia for 3D when it does it on its own.

Most of the time TV's that are fully compatible worked with Nvidia. For everyone else this is why they developed a seperate system called 3D TV play or what ever its called as an extra feature you have to pay for to play 3D on your TV, because they had to put up the cost to develop the software so there hoping to recoupe it.

This is as much as i have thought about it, and why i decided to go with a nice 27'' monitor for my 3D vision set up. I wanted to wait until the dust settles while still enjoying great 3D content. That way when everything standardizes with 3D tech i wont have to worry about whether or not my investment is still compatible or not.
July 20, 2012 1:11:17 AM

sp0nger hit most of the essentials there.

To use nVidia's 3D technology, companies have to pay royalties as well as work with them, and most would rather incorporate their own 3D into a device. At some point, 3D will become standardized, and unicorns will come bursting out of my TV and fly straight into my monitor followed by rainbows and leprechauns.
m
l
Related resources
July 23, 2012 7:41:11 AM

Capitalism at it's finest, my friends.
Case closed.
m
l
July 23, 2012 7:41:18 AM

Best answer selected by kshitijmd.
m
l