Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Suggestions, PLEASE READ!

Last response: in Systems
Share
September 6, 2012 6:41:31 PM

Hey guys, I'm searching for parts for my computer. The build will start soon, and I'm looking for final suggestions for me. This is a budget computer, hopefully below £500/600.

Here's what I've picked up so far.

Radeon Sapphire 11191-02-20G HD 6570 2GB DDR3
Intel Sandybridge i5-2500K 3.3GHz 6MB cache, Socket 1155
Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 8GB 1600MHz CL9 DDR3 (2x4GB)
Gigabyte SKT-AM3+ 970A-DS3 FX 3.1

Any good? I don't really want to change my processor, kind of fell in love with it.
I'm not too sure about my power supply either, is this okay? CIT 650w Titan Neon Fan.

Thanks in advance!

More about : suggestions read

September 6, 2012 7:00:24 PM

A few things wrong with it. First of all, the mobo is for AMD chips...Not compatible.
Also, the GPU is not very good for gaming. A 6770 or 7750 is about £60. They are a lot better. Never heard of the PSU brand.
September 6, 2012 7:01:43 PM

What's the primary use for this build? Don't expect to get any sort of decent frame rates with that 6570.
Related resources
September 6, 2012 7:07:59 PM

g-unit1111 said:
What's the primary use for this build? Don't expect to get any sort of decent frame rates with that 6570.



Low-Mid gaming, no CoD or WoW.
Like I said in the reply to obsama1, I'll probably get the cheap upgrade to 6770/7750.

Thanks.
September 6, 2012 7:09:48 PM

obsama1 said:
A few things wrong with it. First of all, the mobo is for AMD chips...Not compatible.
Also, the GPU is not very good for gaming. A 6770 or 7750 is about £60. They are a lot better. Never heard of the PSU brand.


I lost my original mobo link, now I can't find it, at all *sad face* Suggestions/recommendations? Preferably less than £100.
Probably get the 6770/7750 upgrade on the CPU, it's only an extra £20/30 at max.
PSU was cheap and looked good, hence why it's not a good brand. My case is the same brand though, CiT Vantage. Some recom/suggestions on that too?

Thanks.
September 6, 2012 7:14:52 PM

Get a new PSU, 500w being a good wattage. Get the ASRock Extreme4.
September 6, 2012 7:31:26 PM

obsama1 said:
This one:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Z77-Extreme4-Motherboard-Suppor...

If you want something cheaper, get the ASRock Pro4. Corsair, Antec, SeaSonic, PC Power and Cooling, Silverstone, and XFX are the good PSU brands.



I'll just go for the Extreme4, not much more expensive and obviously better.

I'll go for this PSU, a little more than probably needed, but could still power and upgraded system. Just hope it doesn't blow up, ever. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-CMPSU-600CXV2UK-Builder...

Thanks.
September 6, 2012 8:03:47 PM

BenVerdon said:
I'll just go for the Extreme4, not much more expensive and obviously better.

I'll go for this PSU, a little more than probably needed, but could still power and upgraded system. Just hope it doesn't blow up, ever. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-CMPSU-600CXV2UK-Builder...

Thanks.


That should be a fine power supply.
September 6, 2012 8:12:25 PM

g-unit1111 said:
That should be a fine power supply.


Thanks Unit.
Should I try to overclock everything myself and run the risk cocking it up? That's the only thing I'm nervous about. That and wiring the whole thing.
September 6, 2012 8:20:40 PM

You won't run the risk of damaging it until you start changing voltages. Wiring is easier than it looks.
September 6, 2012 8:40:19 PM

obsama1 said:
You won't run the risk of damaging it until you start changing voltages. Wiring is easier than it looks.


Alright, thanks.

I think everything's sorted now, final:

Sapphire Radeon HD7750 Graphics Card (1GB, GDDR5) - GPU
Intel i5 2500K 3.3 GHz 6MB cache - CPU
CiT Vantage - Case
Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 8GB 1600MHz CL9 DDR3 - RAM
Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB 6GB/S - Memory
Corsair CMPSU-600CXV2UK - PSU
Asrock Z77 Extreme4 - Mobo

£530.29 for that. Plus I'll need Wifi adapter, disk drives etc.
September 6, 2012 8:40:52 PM

BenVerdon said:
Alright, thanks.

I think everything's sorted now, final:

Sapphire Radeon HD7750 Graphics Card (1GB, GDDR5) - GPU
Intel i5 2500K 3.3 GHz 6MB cache - CPU
CiT Vantage - Case
Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 8GB 1600MHz CL9 DDR3 - RAM
Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB 6GB/S - Memory
Corsair CMPSU-600CXV2UK - PSU
Asrock Z77 Extreme4 - Mobo

£530.29 for that. Plus I'll need Wifi adapter, disk drives etc.


I'd still pay a bit more for the case and get something from Antec or Cooler Master - cheap cases are just that, cheap.
September 6, 2012 8:51:32 PM

g-unit1111 said:
I'd still pay a bit more for the case and get something from Antec or Cooler Master - cheap cases are just that, cheap.


Boom.
Cooler Master RC-430-KWN1 Elite 430 Mid
!