About lighting in case

Solution

the brightness is great, lights up my whole case, i could try and make a video and post it to YouTube, as for adding another strip, I haven't tried, at the end of the HUE LED strip, there is a connector, but i'm going to assume that where the power would go in. i'm not sure you could have a second cable.

honestly the cable that comes with it is a fair length. it goes all around the...

TheDocGG

Honorable
Dec 8, 2012
These lights are UV lights, also known as blacklights, so have a purplish tinge. If you've ever been to a bowling ally or night club where any white clothing has lit up with a purplish glow then its these kind of lights that cause it. Many people can have adverse effects from UV tubes, with them causing headaches, nausea and sometimes triggering things like migraine, so be careful that you don't before you buy them.

If you want a purple glow though, these are only a dollar more and are actual purple cathodes. Unlike black lights, they will add a strong purple glow to you case.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811994004

UV light has a frequency too fast to be seen by the human eye, but the closest colour to it in the visible spectrum of light is Violet, so it will appear to have a slight purple tinge.
Would be better off just buying a purple light, or mixing red and blue LED's.

wong93

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2012

yo can you give me the link again? i can't open it,nothing's inside

wtfitsfeisty

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013

honestly if youre going to buy the sleeved kits I'd just get the NZXT HUE, ive had two sleeved kits and i prefer my HUE over them (not saying they are a bad choice, just the many options the HUE gives you, its better.) its only like $15USD more. you can make purple one day, and green the next.. :p

hers the link:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811992011&Tpk=nzxt%20hue

wong93

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2012

ah thanks for this, just wanna confirm, is this NZXT hue the same as bitfenix led strip just that the NZXT Hue has color adjustment??

wtfitsfeisty

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013

I just did a quick Google search on the bitfenix led strip you mentioned and I'm going to have to say no, the HUE allows you to change the colors multiple times with one strip, essentially many LED strips in one. the you will need a free front bay drive to use the HUE :p

EDIT:
after looking harder at the bitfenix led strips, if you want something like that, your better off buying the HUE trust me.

wong93

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2012

yeah i know that lols , so HUE = the bitfenix led strip but with color changing + a controller using front drive bay? Anyway,how about its brightness etc?? If I have only one of this in my case, will it be able to lighten up the entire case?? and also if i wanna upgrade, am i able to get another strip only and add into this controller?/ thanks

wtfitsfeisty

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013

the brightness is great, lights up my whole case, i could try and make a video and post it to YouTube, as for adding another strip, I haven't tried, at the end of the HUE LED strip, there is a connector, but i'm going to assume that where the power would go in. i'm not sure you could have a second cable.

honestly the cable that comes with it is a fair length. it goes all around the window side and the bottom of my case. i don't think you'll need a second one.

Solution

wtfitsfeisty

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013

ohhh and a quick tip quicky, if you do buy it, make sure you plug the power cable into the LED strip right, if you don't, only a few colors will work, making it look defective. i did it when i first got it, almost RMA'ed it. XD

wtfitsfeisty

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4QWoZPULeI

there the link to just the side view, let me know if you want to see more!

BTW, at the end i was trying to change the color, and didn't turn out how i wanted, the color controls take just a bit of getting used to. and the hue is a tad brighter, i have two bright white led fans on top that interfere a tad.