Upgrading to gtx 560

My pc :
nvidia gt 430
ddr3 ram 4.00gb
amd athlon 2x2 250 3.00ghz
asrock s68-s3 ucc
1366x768

Will i see a better performance in games and will my cpu bottleneck the gpu?
18 answers Last reply
More about upgrading
  1. no bottlenecking and btw whats your psu
  2. i have a 550w psu
  3. the 560 uses 150w of power as seen here: http://www.gpureview.com/show_cards.php?card1=657&card2= need to go down a bit so with a 550w you should be a little on the edge but good and btw what brand is your psu
  4. Antec NeoPower 550 550W ATX12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply
  5. bottlenecked or not you will have massive performance improvement over your GT430. for your resolution you will be able to crank up the setting most of the game out there with ease. your psu should be able to handle the card unless your unit was some cheap generic one.

in regards to botttleneck issue your cpu might bottlenecked the card. from my personal experience my 2.93Ghz (stock) E7500 did bottleneck my GTX460. i not sure how much speed needed to eliminate the bottleneck issue but i did OC my cpu to 3.6ghz
  6. ok because some bad psu's can short out you gpu so you should be good with your psu but in the future make that your next thing to upgrade to a 700w
  7. 700W is massive overkill for a 560
  8. No doubt there will be a huge performance increase, but if i were you i would wait for the 600 series GTX 660, this is going to be a crazy performance for the price card
  9. Budget?
  10. Robi_g said:
    700W is massive overkill for a 560

yes i know its overkill but if he decides to sli them he has enough power
  11. devilofdeaths said:

He has a micro ATX board with a single PCIe slot, not much chance of SLI there
  12. delluser1 said:
    He has a micro ATX board with a single PCIe slot, not much chance of SLI there

tbh i really didnt know what that board was i have never heard on it
  13. devilofdeaths said:

Sure, but there's absolutely no need to upgrade until he does decides to sli them - if that day ever comes.
    His 550w PSU is more than enough for his current setup-
  14. cobot said:
    Sure, but there's absolutely no need to upgrade until he does decides to sli them - if that day ever comes.
    His 550w PSU is more than enough for his current setup-

in the 4th post i said that the 560 would be ok can you not just read the very end of the subject and maybe check your facts
  15. devilofdeaths said:
    in the 4th post i said that the 560 would be ok can you not just read the very end of the subject and maybe check your facts

Well, you wrote this:

devilofdeaths said:
    ok because some bad psu's can short out you gpu so you should be good with your psu but in the future make that your next thing to upgrade to a 700w

Why would the PSU be the next thing to upgrade? Unless he upgrades the rest of his computer to more power hungry components there is no need to upgrade his PSU at all.
  16. thnx for your answers
  17. cobot said:
    Well, you wrote this:

Why would the PSU be the next thing to upgrade? Unless he upgrades the rest of his computer to more power hungry components there is no need to upgrade his PSU at all.

well the 560 takes 150w of power and if he ever want to upgrade his gpu his psu will be the first to upgrade because the newer cards are "power hungry" so he couldnt even use his new gpu without upgrading his psu
  18. should work fine..
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Graphics