Example, I have 15 mana potions and I would like to give 5 to my friend. How
would I do that?

--
Get Firefox browser at www.getfirefox.com
Get free Avast! AntiVirus at www.avast.com
9 answers Last reply
More about trading specific number item

    u can directly transfer a few of a stack to ur bank... i think same
    with mailbox. but u r right: u cant trade a few directly... u need to
    seperate them first in ur bags

    "888" <none@space.com> wrote:

    > Example, I have 15 mana potions and I would like to give 5 to my friend. How
    > would I do that?

    Shift click the items -> Type in the right number -> Drop the items in your
    inventory -> Drag and the drop the new staple to the trade window.

    Chris
    --
    [WoW] Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (60) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
    Lonewalker - Striding Tauren (21) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]

    On 2005-09-08 14:35:47 +0200, "888" <none@space.com> said:

    > Whenever I trade in WoW I'm forced to trade the whole slot of an item
    > regardless of the quantity. Is there a way to enter the amount to trade?
    >
    > Example, I have 15 mana potions and I would like to give 5 to my
    > friend. How would I do that?

    Afaik the only way to do this is to separate the stacks in your
    inventory first. You can do this by shift clicking on the total stack
    and then enter the number of items you want. Clicking in your inventory
    again will drop this new stack in your bags. You can then use this
    stack for trading. Unless they already fixed it, dropping straight into
    the trade window doesn't work and will always take the full stack.
    --
    http://www.new-roots.com/
    Nerghal - Undead Warlock lvl 60 - Bloodscalp EU

    Max a écrit :
    > u can directly transfer a few of a stack to ur bank... i think same
    > with mailbox. but u r right: u cant trade a few directly... u need to
    > seperate them first in ur bags

    Max: Just for the comfort of our eyes, and to make it easier for us to
    read, would it be possible to write you instead of u? thanks!

    comfort for whose eyes ? :P I play wow so much that to write and read things
    like : "Hi, m8 what r u up to ... is normal to me :), damn at work I always
    write like that and I have to do spell correction, I gueess I write more in
    wow chat than at work, hehe

    Night Elf a écrit :
    > comfort for whose eyes ? :P I play wow so much that to write and read things
    > like : "Hi, m8 what r u up to ... is normal to me :), damn at work I always
    > write like that and I have to do spell correction, I gueess I write more in
    > wow chat than at work, hehe

    :-) Mine^^

    I play on a French RP server even though English is my first language...
    so I don't (ever) use sms-type writing (which is a shame, I'm sure it's
    very convenient for note taking!)

    I guess that I'm talking on behalf of a dying breed of oldies, those of
    us that read phrase by phrase instead of word by word.... (ie we
    recognise the word shapes and not the letter shapes... so anything we
    don't see very often we need to go back and spell out letter by letter)

    *sighs and starts calculating how many years until retirement*

    Mel wrote:

    > Night Elf a écrit :
    > > comfort for whose eyes ? :P I play wow so much that to write and read things
    > > like : "Hi, m8 what r u up to ... is normal to me :), damn at work I always
    > > write like that and I have to do spell correction, I gueess I write more in
    > > wow chat than at work, hehe
    >
    > :-) Mine^^
    >
    > I play on a French RP server even though English is my first language...
    > so I don't (ever) use sms-type writing (which is a shame, I'm sure it's
    > very convenient for note taking!)

    I try to do this. but, as "night elf" said, i use to write like this
    because of wow / chat language. i normally don't write much english.
    The only times i write is in WOW / Starcraft and chats. All those use
    "u" "r" "2" good "4" me.... :-)
    but: "omfg, wth is ftw" or "What the hell means WTH?"

    888 ha scritto:

    > Whenever I trade in WoW I'm forced to trade the whole slot of an item regardless
    > of the quantity. Is there a way to enter the amount to trade?
    >
    > Example, I have 15 mana potions and I would like to give 5 to my friend. How
    > would I do that?

    Just drag the 5 potion's stack to your friend.
    You have 15 mana potions, you should have 3 stacks.
    :P

    888 <none@space.com> stared blankly into space for a short while
    before writing:
    > Whenever I trade in WoW I'm forced to trade the whole slot of an
    > item regardless of the quantity. Is there a way to enter the amount
    > to trade?
    > Example, I have 15 mana potions and I would like to give 5 to my
    > friend. How would I do that?

    Others have provided you with the correct answer, but I just wanted to
    say that it's funny you used mana potions as the example, since they
    stack in 5's anyway :)

    --
    Doc

World Of Warcraft Video Games