Example, I have 15 mana potions and I would like to give 5 to my friend. How
would I do that?

--
Get Firefox browser at www.getfirefox.com
Get free Avast! AntiVirus at www.avast.com

Max

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2003

u can directly transfer a few of a stack to ur bank... i think same
with mailbox. but u r right: u cant trade a few directly... u need to
seperate them first in ur bags

"888" <none@space.com> wrote:

> Example, I have 15 mana potions and I would like to give 5 to my friend. How
> would I do that?

Shift click the items -> Type in the right number -> Drop the items in your
inventory -> Drag and the drop the new staple to the trade window.

Chris
--
[WoW] Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (60) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Lonewalker - Striding Tauren (21) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]

On 2005-09-08 14:35:47 +0200, "888" <none@space.com> said:

> Whenever I trade in WoW I'm forced to trade the whole slot of an item
> regardless of the quantity. Is there a way to enter the amount to trade?
>
> Example, I have 15 mana potions and I would like to give 5 to my
> friend. How would I do that?

Afaik the only way to do this is to separate the stacks in your
inventory first. You can do this by shift clicking on the total stack
and then enter the number of items you want. Clicking in your inventory
again will drop this new stack in your bags. You can then use this
stack for trading. Unless they already fixed it, dropping straight into
the trade window doesn't work and will always take the full stack.
--
http://www.new-roots.com/
Nerghal - Undead Warlock lvl 60 - Bloodscalp EU

Mel

Max a écrit :
> u can directly transfer a few of a stack to ur bank... i think same
> with mailbox. but u r right: u cant trade a few directly... u need to
> seperate them first in ur bags

Max: Just for the comfort of our eyes, and to make it easier for us to
read, would it be possible to write you instead of u? thanks!

comfort for whose eyes ? :p I play wow so much that to write and read things
like : "Hi, m8 what r u up to ... is normal to me :), damn at work I always
write like that and I have to do spell correction, I gueess I write more in
wow chat than at work, hehe

Mel

Night Elf a écrit :
> comfort for whose eyes ? :p I play wow so much that to write and read things
> like : "Hi, m8 what r u up to ... is normal to me :), damn at work I always
> write like that and I have to do spell correction, I gueess I write more in
> wow chat than at work, hehe

:) Mine^^

I play on a French RP server even though English is my first language...
so I don't (ever) use sms-type writing (which is a shame, I'm sure it's
very convenient for note taking!)

I guess that I'm talking on behalf of a dying breed of oldies, those of
us that read phrase by phrase instead of word by word.... (ie we
recognise the word shapes and not the letter shapes... so anything we
don't see very often we need to go back and spell out letter by letter)

*sighs and starts calculating how many years until retirement*

Max

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2003

Mel wrote:

> Night Elf a écrit :
> > comfort for whose eyes ? :p I play wow so much that to write and read things
> > like : "Hi, m8 what r u up to ... is normal to me :), damn at work I always
> > write like that and I have to do spell correction, I gueess I write more in
> > wow chat than at work, hehe
>
> :) Mine^^
>
> I play on a French RP server even though English is my first language...
> so I don't (ever) use sms-type writing (which is a shame, I'm sure it's
> very convenient for note taking!)

I try to do this. but, as "night elf" said, i use to write like this
because of wow / chat language. i normally don't write much english.
The only times i write is in WOW / Starcraft and chats. All those use
"u" "r" "2" good "4" me.... :)
but: "omfg, wth is ftw" or "What the hell means WTH?"

888 ha scritto:

> Whenever I trade in WoW I'm forced to trade the whole slot of an item regardless
> of the quantity. Is there a way to enter the amount to trade?
>
> Example, I have 15 mana potions and I would like to give 5 to my friend. How
> would I do that?

Just drag the 5 potion's stack to your friend.
You have 15 mana potions, you should have 3 stacks.
:p

Doc

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2003

888 <none@space.com> stared blankly into space for a short while
before writing:
> Whenever I trade in WoW I'm forced to trade the whole slot of an
> item regardless of the quantity. Is there a way to enter the amount
> to trade?
> Example, I have 15 mana potions and I would like to give 5 to my
> friend. How would I do that?

Others have provided you with the correct answer, but I just wanted to
say that it's funny you used mana potions as the example, since they
stack in 5's anyway :)

--
Doc