foxh0und

Honorable
Aug 18, 2012
I've just built my first PC but when I press the power button, the fans start to spin and light up then about 1/4 of a second later everything turns off.. whats going on?

spat55

Distinguished
Check the power connections, is the CPU power head in? If you can't see what you have missed then unplug everything and try again.

You should have, CPU header, Sata' in the HDD and DVD drive, One or two PCI-E in the GPU, and one ATX into the motherboard.

foxh0und

Honorable
Aug 18, 2012
Update - the ATX wasn't in all the way, I now have a blue light on the case, but still no spinning fans or power... did it short the board by not having the cpu header connected? o_O

foxh0und

Honorable
Aug 18, 2012
New update... the JFP1 socket wasn't correct as I had placed the power in the wrong connector, but i'm still getting no image on my monitor, but the pc is on and stays on.

foxh0und

Honorable
Aug 18, 2012
Another update, I took out the graphics card since i've heard about driver issues or something, and i'm installing windows now, hopefully the graphics card isn't broken. I guess I'll find out soon enough :')

adgjlsfhk

Honorable
Feb 21, 2012
The card is most likely not broken. What you will have to do is download the driver once you get into windows. From there, shut down and re-install the graphics card. BTW what gpu are you using?