drailing55

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013
I bought a 1055T about 3 years ago and have had some heat issues with it this whole time.

For more or less its whole lifespan, it has run at 58 degrees C idle and upwards of 70 when under some sort of stress. I didn't think this was much of an issue until I recently saw that this thing's thermal limit is at 62 degrees C.

I am using the stock heatsink and removing the door to my computer only decreases temps by about 1-2 degrees.

I am thinking that the issue is in voltage. I ran HWMonitor for a while when my computer was idle and the minimum recorded VCore was 1.38V and I then ran it while having it under some stress and minimum was at 1.41V.

I am running Windows 8. I was unable to get my ASUS utility (TurboV Evo) to open and RMClock won't open either. What are my options other than BIOS undervolting?

dragonlord12832

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013
Unless you are planning on getting some new parts, it would seem that you don't have any other options. Could this be an issue with the power supply? Does the motherboard need replaced? Was either of them defective when you bought it and you just now noticed it? On the other hand, your computer is 3 years old, maybe it is time for a new build. Perhaps a nice aftermarket cooler when allow it to run at a lower temp without messing with the bios.

jerry6

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009

Maybe the temp readings are wrong ? 58 at idle is way high , 62 is AMD recommended high for he chip . I would clean and remount the cooler , something ain't right . I have a few AMD x6 chips , none run/ran that hot even with stock cooler . Your voltage looks okay , nothing to high . My 1090 runs 26c idle 44c all cores maxed @100% with a cheap (18.00) cooler , deepcool mc3002gx .

drailing55

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013
I'm not sure if this is exactly a new issue. This computer has always seemed to be hot to me and I only recently started checking the temps and saw they were that high.

CoreTemp read the max as being 92 yesterday while I played Counterstrike. Beginning to think the thing might be reading wrong.