Hd 6850 and my psu

GOLDENGPU

Honorable
Jul 18, 2012
I dont really think is enough! 24A at 12v is pretty decent! Try it , dont worrie even if is not enough power the PC parts wont be damaged.If the PC will shut down or wont power up or low performance on full load is beacause the PSU is too weak.

If your PSU doesn't have a PCIE power connector, chances are it doesn't really have enough amperage available on +12V to run a powerful video card, regardless of what the label says. I would NOT use adapters, as contrary to GoldenGPU's post, a cheap PSU can die violently, sometimes taking attached parts with it into the fiery abyss.

A quality modern PSU has full range active PFC (no little voltage switch), and some level of 80+ certification. Seasonic, Antec, Corsair, XFX, and Enermax/LEPA are among the better brands.

willard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
That's a decent PSU. And yes, a swap is easy, though it can be a pain to connect the PSU to the 4/8 pin CPU connector depending on how much room your case has and where the connector is.

Basically, you'll have one connector from the PSU to each of your drives, two to the motherboard and that's pretty much it. Can be swapped out in just a few minutes.

That's not correct. You only need one 6-pin PCI-Express power plug for the HD 6850.