Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Best airflow case <$150

Last response: in Components
Share
January 21, 2013 5:22:30 PM

Ok, ive been looking for a case recently. I just took a peek at my friends pc he just built and now i know how bad cable management can be. Here are my categories

1: Good overall airflow
2: Minimum space for a dual 120mm rad at the top, better if capable of dual 140
3: Plenty of space for cable management
4: Less than $150
5: Preferably black with optional blue lighting (i will light it myself either way)

So far i have accumulate these cases http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... , http://www.amazon.com/NZXT-Phantom-Tower-Gaming-Case/dp...

I would greatly appreciate if you recommended other cases to me

More about : airflow case 150

January 21, 2013 11:44:43 PM

500r, 600t, and 650d seem like nice choices (all from corsair). I personally have an 800D with blue cathodes and it looks very nice (black and blue color scheme ftw)
I think I read some where that the 810 is the only case that supports a dual 140 in the top not sure though
January 21, 2013 11:51:35 PM

Quote:
Any specific form factor of the case?

Atleast a midtower. Doesnt matter if it is a fulltower or not
Related resources
January 21, 2013 11:55:54 PM

drew13 said:
500r, 600t, and 650d seem like nice choices (all from corsair). I personally have an 800D with blue cathodes and it looks very nice (black and blue color scheme ftw)
I think I read some where that the 810 is the only case that supports a dual 140 in the top not sure though

i like the 500r.
January 22, 2013 12:06:52 AM

Switch 810.
January 22, 2013 12:45:04 AM

amuffin said:
Switch 810.

Out of my price range
January 22, 2013 1:04:24 AM

OH! The NZXT Phantom is great too, for around $120 if you live in the States.

Best solution

January 22, 2013 2:30:37 PM
Share

the phantom 410 will hold a 280mm rad at the top (2x140 mm fans), i have one. you looking to put a kraken in or something? great case for airflow, and it's a beauty if you ask me!
January 22, 2013 6:42:34 PM

phate1337 said:
the phantom 410 will hold a 280mm rad at the top (2x140 mm fans), i have one. you looking to put a kraken in or something? great case for airflow, and it's a beauty if you ask me!

I like the 410 because its classic phantom style, has a window, and a removable HDD cage allowing for maybe 15-16" cards. The 280 rad capability just put it at the top of my list
January 22, 2013 8:49:49 PM

glad to hear it! didn't answer my question about the Rad xD. you going for a custom loop or a kraken?
January 22, 2013 9:29:39 PM

phate1337 said:
glad to hear it! didn't answer my question about the Rad xD. you going for a custom loop or a kraken?

Most likely the Kraken. I might do a custom when i actually have a job :p 
January 23, 2013 6:52:20 AM

coolio. post pics when you are done! the kraken is a nice looking piece of kit!
February 2, 2013 2:27:32 AM

Best answer selected by taxemicshadow.
February 2, 2013 2:27:55 AM

phate1337 said:
the phantom 410 will hold a 280mm rad at the top (2x140 mm fans), i have one. you looking to put a kraken in or something? great case for airflow, and it's a beauty if you ask me!

I bought the black one ^-^
!