6600, any way to customize the menu?

Last response: in Brands
September 21, 2004 6:20:35 PM

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows of procedures to customize the 6600's
applications menu? For example, I know that at least the first 9 items
on the menu are accessible by simply pressing 1 through 9 respectively;
However that being the case, is there a way to move applications up the
menu? In other words, if I currently have an application that's being
shown farther down the list, can I move it up some how so that it's
within the first 9 and hense accessible via a shortcut key?

Also, is there a way to create sub folders within the menu, and then
copy existing application shortcuts to that new folder?

Thanks a bunch for any info,

--Al

More about : 6600 customize menu

Anonymous
September 21, 2004 11:19:08 PM

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 14:20:35 -0400, Al puzzuoli <alpuzz@comcast.net>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Just wondering if anyone knows of procedures to customize the 6600's
>applications menu? For example, I know that at least the first 9 items
>on the menu are accessible by simply pressing 1 through 9 respectively;
>However that being the case, is there a way to move applications up the
>menu? In other words, if I currently have an application that's being
>shown farther down the list, can I move it up some how so that it's
>within the first 9 and hense accessible via a shortcut key?
>
>Also, is there a way to create sub folders within the menu, and then
>copy existing application shortcuts to that new folder?
>
>Thanks a bunch for any info,
>
>--Al

You can move apps higher up the menu screen if you want. I don't know
if this changes the number you would use as shortcut, but try it and
see. Highlight an icon, check options, choose 'move' then use the
cursor to move to the postion you want the icon in.

For subfolders and more advanced menu operations try SmartLauncher.
www.symbianware.com.

hth
Anonymous
September 21, 2004 11:19:09 PM

In article <8fv0l0lt0l3ankirhqhho867t4o7o1t7v1@4ax.com>,
niall@codology.com says...
> On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 14:20:35 -0400, Al puzzuoli <alpuzz@comcast.net>
> wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >Just wondering if anyone knows of procedures to customize the 6600's
> >applications menu? For example, I know that at least the first 9 items
> >on the menu are accessible by simply pressing 1 through 9 respectively;
> >However that being the case, is there a way to move applications up the
> >menu? In other words, if I currently have an application that's being
> >shown farther down the list, can I move it up some how so that it's
> >within the first 9 and hense accessible via a shortcut key?
> >
> >Also, is there a way to create sub folders within the menu, and then
> >copy existing application shortcuts to that new folder?
> >
> >Thanks a bunch for any info,
> >
> >--Al
> >

> You can move apps higher up the menu screen if you want. I don't know
> if this changes the number you would use as shortcut, but try it and
> see. Highlight an icon, check options, choose 'move' then use the
> cursor to move to the postion you want the icon in.
>
> For subfolders and more advanced menu operations try SmartLauncher.
> www.symbianware.com.
>
> hth

Great,

Thanks for the info! At least now I can move my most used applications
up the menu. The numbers do correspond by the way, so the shortcuts
work. I'll probably give smart launcher a try at some point as well.

--Al
Anonymous
September 22, 2004 2:44:04 AM

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 17:08:42 -0400, Al puzzuoli <alpuzz@comcast.net>
wrote:

>In article <8fv0l0lt0l3ankirhqhho867t4o7o1t7v1@4ax.com>,
>niall@codology.com says...
>> On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 14:20:35 -0400, Al puzzuoli <alpuzz@comcast.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Hi,
>> >
>> >Just wondering if anyone knows of procedures to customize the 6600's
>> >applications menu? For example, I know that at least the first 9 items
>> >on the menu are accessible by simply pressing 1 through 9 respectively;
>> >However that being the case, is there a way to move applications up the
>> >menu? In other words, if I currently have an application that's being
>> >shown farther down the list, can I move it up some how so that it's
>> >within the first 9 and hense accessible via a shortcut key?
>> >
>> >Also, is there a way to create sub folders within the menu, and then
>> >copy existing application shortcuts to that new folder?
>> >
>> >Thanks a bunch for any info,
>> >
>> >--Al
>> >

>> You can move apps higher up the menu screen if you want. I don't know
>> if this changes the number you would use as shortcut, but try it and
>> see. Highlight an icon, check options, choose 'move' then use the
>> cursor to move to the postion you want the icon in.
>>
>> For subfolders and more advanced menu operations try SmartLauncher.
>> www.symbianware.com.
>>
>> hth
>>
>Great,
>
>Thanks for the info! At least now I can move my most used applications
>up the menu. The numbers do correspond by the way, so the shortcuts
>work. I'll probably give smart launcher a try at some point as well.
>
>--Al

you can make new folders and move the shortcuts into them or sub
folders. I have all my main apps in a folder at the top so this opens
as #1
--

E-Mail Addy arjftebhc@jryfutbi.pb.hx <---Rot13 it
watch out for spam trap in header