What happened to Cisco/Linksys? and what do I do now.

Dewm

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2009
So this is for my office first off (we have a small office) And we have been using a 4-port wireless router one of the new models and it crashed the other day. and now we are looking at getting a new one. The issue is, I've personally been through 2 of those routers and my father-in-law is on his 3rd....Kinda seems like Linksys has gone to crap.

So the question...what is a good alternative?

steimy

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
Huh, that is odd. Linksys routers have always been known for being rock solid and i have sworn by them for years. Although i still prefer the older models like the WRT54G because i don't have anything that has wireless N capabilities so for normal stuff like online gaming, streaming media and such they work great. And i have in the last 10 years only had to replace one of them and it was not the fault of the router but a not so smart tech support person.

Other good brands are Netgear, D-Link, & ASUS. If ou do a Google search for best routers they would always have a few models in the top ten (along with Linksys of course) The exact model you would want depends on your needs really.