Sign in with
Your question

Laptop network adaptor problem

Last response: in Wireless Networking
October 19, 2011 12:20:54 AM

My laptop was working fine until today. Now I can't access my wired network using a cable. If I plug another computer into the same cable, there is no problem accessing the network. I tried uninstalling the network adapter and it reinstalled, but still doesn't allow connectivity to the network. How can I see if my network card is non functional and needs replacing?
a b D Laptop
October 19, 2011 12:42:14 AM

Welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums!

Check the status in 'Device Manager'
m
l
October 19, 2011 1:06:05 AM

I did check it in the device manager and it says it is working properly. I still can't connect to the network by cable.
m
l
Related resources
October 19, 2011 1:08:03 AM

I also tried disabling and reenabling it without success. The wireless connection seems to detect surrounding networks. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
m
l
a b D Laptop
October 19, 2011 4:39:37 PM

If it is detecting other networks it means that your laptop internal wireless is working fine.

Go to Network & Sharing Center and setup a new connection. Restart the computer.
m
l
October 31, 2011 4:22:34 AM

I deleted my network adapter off my lab top... How do I get it back I cant connect to internet
m
l
a b D Laptop
October 31, 2011 11:36:22 AM

ReyRay said:
I deleted my network adapter off my lab top... How do I get it back I cant connect to internet

Go to Control Panel ---> Administrative Tools ---> Computer management ---> Device Manager, and re-activate the network adapter.
m
l
!