Laptop network adaptor problem

My laptop was working fine until today. Now I can't access my wired network using a cable. If I plug another computer into the same cable, there is no problem accessing the network. I tried uninstalling the network adapter and it reinstalled, but still doesn't allow connectivity to the network. How can I see if my network card is non functional and needs replacing?
6 answers Last reply
More about laptop network adaptor problem
  1. Welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums!

Check the status in 'Device Manager'
  2. I did check it in the device manager and it says it is working properly. I still can't connect to the network by cable.
  3. I also tried disabling and reenabling it without success. The wireless connection seems to detect surrounding networks. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  4. If it is detecting other networks it means that your laptop internal wireless is working fine.

Go to Network & Sharing Center and setup a new connection. Restart the computer.
  5. I deleted my network adapter off my lab top... How do I get it back I cant connect to internet
  6. ReyRay said:
    I deleted my network adapter off my lab top... How do I get it back I cant connect to internet

Go to Control Panel ---> Administrative Tools ---> Computer management ---> Device Manager, and re-activate the network adapter.
Ask a new question

Read More

Connectivity Laptops Cable Wireless Networking