CPU upgrade for Dell insprion 530

schooter

Honorable
Dec 4, 2012
Hello

i am looking to upgrade my processor for my 530 i know its not the best but i want to get more out of it i have already upgraded my GPU from on board to a HD 7750 low profile, whats the best processor i can get that will be compadable with my rig.

My Specs

CPU: Intel core 2 duo e4500 2.2

Motherboard: foxconn g33mo2

Ram: 2gb ddr2

PSU: 300 watts

GPU: HD 7750 low profile

If there is anything else you need tell me

Thanks

Hello... the problem I have always had with upgrading CPU's, in peoples Dell computers, is the lack of DELL BIO's updates, for the motherboards to recognize diiferent/newer CPU's. it's always been a hit or miss situation... and the best solution, in time and $$$, is to determine if your case will fit a new standard matx or atx motherboard into it. If not... a case, motherboard, and CPU replacement is needed.

The FOXconn motherboard specs as a S775 with Quad processor support, with their BIO's updates, But using their BIO's on a DELL OEM board may or may not work... Backup any current DELL BIO's before attemping a newer Foxconn BIO's...

If you can put a used Quad or an Used E8400 Dual into your computer... you will get a performance boost.

Hello... I have bought and sold many used Computer parts on EBAY... verify a good number of positives and a return if DOA, there are no moving parts in a CPU... it either works or doesn't work... if you must return, you pay the shipping not them.

Yes , in the used computer parts business, prices will be higher than current/new products.

you will get 2x's the processor power/speed than your current CPU...

Have you any experience with EBAY? If you are patient, a last minute BID can get you a lower cost than a BUY NOW option.

schooter

Honorable
Dec 4, 2012
I have bought items off of eBay, but I havent bought anything in a while. I will look into this and I will probably end up getting it from eBay.
I haven't put a new processor in the past I know the basics of it but do you have any tips that could help

xa376

Honorable
Jun 8, 2012
Heatsink will be compatible. You're getting a new chip, the shape of the chip is still a little square. Yes you should clean off the dry thermal paste from the heatsink and reapply.