Sign in with
Your question

PC connected to 42" LEd TV, display slightly stretched

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 19, 2012 4:50:50 PM

Hello,

I can't figure out how to get my display to fit into my screen. Tried playing around with the resolutions and as I go lower it just gets more exaggerated. I am on 1920x1080 which is the recommended resolution. I have a Nvidia GT 545 on Windows 7, and the monitor is an Upstar P42EWT. I don't know how to shrink this screen. It's only slightly outside of the picture frame on all sides.
July 19, 2012 10:44:35 PM

So I finally was able to go into the Intel graphics and control panel and shrink my screen down so that I could see my menus. But the Nvidia tech alerted me to an abnormality with Windows 7. For whatever reason, Windows is recognizing an alternate display that dos now exist. I go into the device manager and I disable it and it still is showing up as two separate screens when i take a screenshot. How do I make it so that I only have one display? As I said before I am on Windows 7 64bit, I have a Nvidia GT 545 card, and a 42" Led Tv from Upstar; model P42EWT. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't want my card using unneccesary resources if it doesn't have to.
m
l
July 19, 2012 11:13:20 PM

Do you have the required nVidia drivers installed? Is the screen connected to the card and not an onboard port? The reason i ask is because you mention that you went into the 'intel' drivers control. If you're using an nVidia card, surely there will be an nVidia interface for controlling settings??? I did have similar problems using onboard intel grapics connecting a laptop to a lcd panel before. I resolved these by installing the latest intel driver. But i doubt that's going to help. I think you need to be looking in the direction of your nVidia drivers and controls.
m
l
July 20, 2012 12:13:10 PM

So what I ended up doing was completely deleting all of my graphic drivers and reinstalling both intel & Nvidia drivers. It deleted the cloned instance that was added to the display in windows and I was then able to adjust the size of my screen via the intel graphic control center.
m
l
!