Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Mobo for i5 3570K?

Last response: in Systems
September 7, 2012 12:38:02 AM

Hello all,

I'm coming from the http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... which happened to be both incompatible and then fail 24 hours into use. I'm already returning it to egg, no problems there. My question is what is the best mobo that is compatible with the Ivy Bridge i5? I've found a few solutions but the responses are a few months old, so I just want to know what is available now for purchase that you all think is a solid bang for your buck and will be readily compatible.

Thanks for your time!

More about : mobo 3570k

September 7, 2012 1:20:22 AM

Yeah, at least don't go with Intel. I had lots of RAM trouble from them, and I paid a lot for it. I got an ASUS P8Z77-V LK, and I love it. It runs all RAM, up to like 2,333 OC. Also was a super easy install, and customer service is great, or so I hear. Signing up for my warranty was easy, and it has lots of CPU fan connectors. I think at least 4.
m
l

Best solution

a b B Homebuilt system
September 7, 2012 1:30:46 AM

Your original mobo should have been compatible with the i5 3570k after a Bios Update.

Aside from that, the best bang for you buck motherboard is currently the AsRock z77 Extreme 4 at $135. I personally use Gigabyte z77 UD5H, which is more expensive, but very good as well.
Related resources
September 7, 2012 1:35:01 AM

moornix said:
Your original mobo should have been compatible with the i5 3570k after a Bios Update.

Aside from that, the best bang for you buck motherboard is currently the AsRock z77 Extreme 4 at $135. I personally use Gigabyte z77 UD5H, which is more expensive, but very good as well.

Asrock was actually helpful with sending a new bios chip but the sad fact remains that it died less than 24 hours in. Thanks for the response both of you! I will mull the details over. I just want to confirm, both are Ivy Bridge compatible then? Sorry, after these last few "disasters" with this build I'm incredibly paranoid!
m
l
September 7, 2012 1:52:22 AM

sorry double post it stuffed up ;) 
m
l
September 7, 2012 1:53:43 AM

Yes they are both Compatible as is all Z77 mobos :)  Good luck!

Almost a year with my Asrock Z68 and running the i5 3570k and no issues!
m
l
September 7, 2012 5:14:59 PM

Best answer selected by rossa07.
m
l
!