Sign in with
Your question
Solved

~$500 Budget Gaming PC

Last response: in Systems
September 7, 2012 12:54:19 AM

I know very little about building a new computer, as I have never done it before :(  I know $500 isn't a lot to work with, but I would like to have at least a Radeon 7770 or nVidia equivalent. I just want to play battlefield 3 at Ultra settings at a low resolution (1280x720). I have no parts picked out yet D:

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I have an nVidia GT 430, and I'm fine with waiting for the graphics card as long as I can put my 430 into the new computer until I buy a new card, so don't hold back with ram or a processor or a hard drive. As long as it's under $550 I guess.

More about : 500 budget gaming

September 7, 2012 12:59:46 AM

pcpartpicker.com this is wat many pwole think is very noobish but that is what you are so, and i laned most of what is wha,t andthrouh research and youtube, from this site. andit shows wereuou can get it at the lowest price and with a tigh budget that helps, im currently in the midst of starting my new build that is around seven hundered
September 7, 2012 1:31:49 AM

IamAutiz said:
pcpartpicker.com this is wat many pwole think is very noobish but that is what you are so, and i laned most of what is wha,t andthrouh research and youtube, from this site. andit shows wereuou can get it at the lowest price and with a tigh budget that helps, im currently in the midst of starting my new build that is around seven hundered
This is what I got, and I was hoping to keep it under $500 but whatevs...

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/gLsZ
Related resources

Best solution

September 7, 2012 1:54:14 AM

Nice try, but I wouldn't use a 1st gen core i3 CPU, especially since you can get a newer gen one for the same price.

This is about as low as you're gonna get for something I would seriously call a "gaming computer" at that budget level. For Battlefield 3, yes the 7770 is a hell of a video card, but the game is optimized for Nvidia cards. And I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at how well this configuration will handle BF3 for the money.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/gLCA

My price doesn't include an operating system however, you'll have to factor that in. Use an OEM copy of Windows7 64 bit, its cheaper than the retail version, and also you don't need a sound card.
September 7, 2012 2:00:41 AM

originalxmun said:
I know very little about building a new computer, as I have never done it before :(  I know $500 isn't a lot to work with, but I would like to have at least a Radeon 7770 or nVidia equivalent. I just want to play battlefield 3 at Ultra settings at a low resolution (1280x720). I have no parts picked out yet D:

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I have an nVidia GT 430, and I'm fine with waiting for the graphics card as long as I can put my 430 into the new computer until I buy a new card, so don't hold back with ram or a processor or a hard drive. As long as it's under $550 I guess.

$500 to get BF3 at Ultra :lol:  you'll be lucky to get it at high with 1920x1080.
September 7, 2012 2:06:45 AM

*smack* nobody said anything about 1920x1080p. No, the system I recommended is not going to do BF3 @ 1080, but 1280x1024. No, its not out of the realm of possibility.
September 7, 2012 2:30:16 AM

nekulturny said:
*smack* nobody said anything about 1920x1080p. No, the system I recommended is not going to do BF3 @ 1080, but 1280x1024. No, its not out of the realm of possibility.

imo the higher resolution is better than ultra... I just get fed up with people thinking they can get a awesome machine for $350-500, they can but not for gaming.
September 7, 2012 2:40:10 AM

I understand what you're saying, but you're confusing your opinions with facts. I play at 1280x1024 currently. You know.. I personally find that resolution just fine for most games I play. While yes I am looking to move to the 1080p world here in a less than a month, not everyone has your standards. Even then, I know what I'm buying, so its not like I dunno what I'm missing, I know what 1080p looks like, not everyone needs or can afford it.

Fact is, for the price, the system I put together for the OP is a pretty awesome machine for gaming Not everyone has a $1000+ to drop on a computer. It also depends on what kinds of games you're talking about. For World of Warcraft for example, that machine will beat the hell out of WoW 20 ways to Sunday.
September 7, 2012 3:45:02 AM

Best answer selected by originalxmun.
September 7, 2012 3:50:05 AM

If I'd known you could have went $100 over budget we could have all built an amazing computer you listed $550 at the most so I tried to stick to that. Although that is a great build. If you use the one I created you can sub in a 7850 for the same price that's way better than a 560. http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/
!