Hey guys lately my computer has been running very slow and when I log into
WoW, everyone has Unknown Entity instead of a name then I get disconnected.
What should I do?

While digging out a new addition to the Den, DaFox found a scrap of parchment. On it,
"Mike Krystik" <frozenthrone123421512421452@shaw.ca> wrote:

>Hey guys lately my computer has been running very slow and when I log into
>WoW, everyone has Unknown Entity instead of a name then I get disconnected.
>What should I do?

Unknown Entity means your communications to the world server is interrupted or
suffering large packet lose and your game client is not receiving the names of the
players/NPC's/Mob's and other data.

Check your computer for trojans, worms, hijacks, viruses, backdoors, ad-ware, or
other types of nasties.... seeing how your on Shaw Canada and 70% of the nasties that
are sent to my e-mail and/or on the IRC networks I hang on are from Shaw paths......
Unload unneeded programs before running WoW like IM programs, desktop managers,
office-ware.....
Make sure you have enough memory allocated for addons ( addon screen ).
Make sure your computer is healthy, run scan disk and defrag. Test your memory,
vid-card, and CPU.
Make sure your network connection is good, reboot your cable/DSL modem and router. If
you have wireless, make sure it's on a channel different from any cordless phones or
devices nearby and check to see if any outside wireless users are connected to your
network, robbing your bandwidth.

--

When E-mailing me, remove the Anti-Spam Device (Super) from my reply address
ICQ:6154582 Haven't got ICQ? Go here: http://www.icq.com/

Max

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2003

i had this a few times. Disabling all addons and relogging solved the
problem. then i downloaded the newest versions of all addons and
restarted the PC (deleted the WTF folder). and it works all again.