Will the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO/Plus fit in this case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

socialfox

Distinguished
Hi there community,

Been quite a bit since I was last here, but now I need everyone's help to help me come to a final decision.

I currently have the Cooler Master Elite 350 system cabinet case, its not that pretty but it gets the job done. I currently have the Kuhler 620 on it (4-5 months old) and have recently decided to sell it. Now my question is will the Cooler Master Hyper 212 fit in my case? I would appreciate a definite answer (either yes or no). I am also aware that I will not gain any better cooling performance but this is more of my personal issues with a closed loop water cooler and how (I heard) that it has around a 5 year life for the pump or something.

This here is the computer case spec page:
http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=6629

I have asked Cooler Master Tech Support and a representative said yes a while ago but I was kind of sketchy that they knew the answer in literally 1 second.

Also if it doesn't fit, I was considering in getting this computer case:
http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=6_112&item_id=053887

Now the real reason I have decided to either change the cooler or buy a new case is because the radiator is mounted in the rear 120mm slot which blocks have the power supply. In addition, once I installed my new power supply during the Christmas break I noticed the Kuhler 620's radiator was in the way of the power supply fan grill but luckily it was a bit flexible and I installed it with it touching the power supply and pushing the grill in a bit but not to the point it hits the power supply fan.

- Thanks for your help :)

Solution
Yes! Your Hyper 212 will fit into that case, The cooler is 159mm tall and your case is 180mm wide, taking into account the standoff space for your motherboard along with processor and socket. You'll probably be looking at a close 2-3mm free afterwords.

Good Luck! :D

ZeroWhite

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013
Yes! Your Hyper 212 will fit into that case, The cooler is 159mm tall and your case is 180mm wide, taking into account the standoff space for your motherboard along with processor and socket. You'll probably be looking at a close 2-3mm free afterwords.

Good Luck! :D

Solution

socialfox

Distinguished

Thanks for answering, your spot on. Just asked a Cooler Master Rep again and he said the case has about 162mm for max Cooler Height and the 212 being 159mm in height. Anyways you've earned the best answer friend!

- Have a good day! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS