Upgrade opinion and tech question on chipsets

G

My rig
Motherboard: M2N32-SLI DELUXE (I know its old but I'm a noob so its my experimenting comp)
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 6000+
Chipset: SPP190 (C51XE)
Southbridge: nforce 590 SLI
Ram: 2 (DDR2 Crucial Tech. PC2-6400 (400 MHz) 1 Gig)
GPU: GeForce gt 430
Sound card: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium

This is a two part question:

First:
after all drivers are up to date (bios, chipset, graphic card, and sound card... am i missing any) i plan to upgrade to the maximum cpu and dual sli graphics card the board can handle. any recommendations

current CPU I am looking at is AMD Phenom II X4 980 Black Edition (I have read good things about this CPU's compatibility with my Motherboard)
current GPU I'm considering are 2 GeForce GTX 560TI's

Second:
I know my bios version (acpi bios revision 5002, it was published in 2010 I believe. Is it the most current?)
but CPU Z does not tell me what my current Chipset driver version is.

Anyone know how to find this info. I believe I have 15.58-nforce-winvista-win7-64bit-international-whql. seeing as I just finished running that installer. I downloaded it from http://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/i [...] ang=en-uk. (It was published in 2011. Is this the most current driver I can install )

I would however like to verify what version is on my puter. How do I go about looking that up? I found this http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/foru [...] rsion-have . But to no effect. My Intel folder did not have the Infinst file even after running the Nvidia intaller.

Okay that about sums it up.
Lots of questions here dont worry if you dont know all the answers. I know I don't and I am asking so I can learn. Thoughts, opinions, and good reading sources on all the above are welcome.

Many Thanks
Jibot

TheGreatHoylando

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013
Hi Jibot, bit of a noob myself but yeah the board can handle dual SLI, but there are numerous options. The CPU you are looking at is kinda old so I'd be careful
1. You could wait for the new AMD steamroller technology
2. Wait for the new Intel Haswell technology
3. Get a newer quad core AMD for example the FX 4100
4. Get a budget Intel CPU such as an Ivy bridge i3
Also, the graphics cards look good, however make sure you have at least 600W of PSU power, SLI's can be power hungry...
and finally I cannot help you with the BIOS problem sorry.

Regards,
Dan.

G

thanks for the suggestions ill have to read up on most of them. but from what i can find and as far as i know the 980 is the newest and greatest cpu my motherboard's bios will work with otherwise i would definitely upgrade to a better cpu than the 980