Sign in with
Your question

AMD A8-5600k bottleneck a R7850HD DD?

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
January 21, 2013 9:40:11 PM

i purchased this computer as a whole. ive been messing around a bit tweaking basic settings, reducing process,ect.

OS Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
AMD A8-5600K 62 °C
Trinity 32nm Technology
RAM
8.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 800MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
ASRock FM2A75M-DGS (CPUSocket)
Graphics
HP LA2006 (1600x900@60Hz)
AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series

my question IS the threads topic, but i had some strange results myself that i couldnt figure;
after my first couple weeks of owning the pc i started testing its performance a bit and succesfully overclocked my video card with msi afterburner and got a decent increase(in the testing application, i didnt notice it ingame really)
BUT now i cant get it above 60fps. 750-1100 on the core clock has no performance increase, same with 1100-1450.
before if i maxed it out it would avg around 74fps

the cpu usage used to fluctuate and spike pretty high but is solved after turning off some background process'.
i made 100% sure nothing VITAL was disabled. and this was all done after the oc'ing issue mentioned above.

atm im having a LOT of network problems. huge lag spikes/high ms/timeing out. a few small pc related problems as well, nothing i cant figure out myself/google :D 

im still fairly new to the whole pc scene so im still leaning..forgive me my info is lacking. ty
January 21, 2013 9:50:59 PM

Your specs look fairly decent, but it most likely either your CPU as you said or your motherboard may be creating a bottle neck for the graphics card.

Regards,
Dan.
m
l
!