I have xp and when i try to use f10 it wont work why

daveabutler09

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013
Hello,
I am using adobe audition 3.0 with xp and I am trying to test my voice levels. It says to hit F10 and speak into the mike. I hit F10 and nothing happens. Can you help me.

daveabutler09

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013

I'm using an external mike. It seems when I use the mike to do a voiceover for my radio show, a glitch appears, when I play it back. Someone I know showed me how to run the speaker system through my mike, but I want to use the sound card in the computer. How can I use my sound card without the glitches appearing in my voiceovers?

mmaatt747

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2011
Can you expand on what you mean by glitch? Does the sound cut out for a couple seconds or something? Also, are you using your sound ports built in to the motherboard of your PC? It's almost always recommended to use a dedicated sound card if you're recording. You can buy a cheap sound card and still be much better off. Most motherboards don't have dedicated circuitry for sound.

daveabutler09

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013
Yes, the sound cuts out for a few seconds. When I bought the computer I also bought a separate SB card for it. I have no clue whether the sound ports are being used. I had a new motherboard put in about a year ago, because the original one died. Right now I'm running the speakers through a Yeti mic in order to record my radio show. I used to do it analog, but I'm trying to switch to a digital format. I would really like to use the SB card in my computer instead of the mic.