installing new total conversion mods

Last response: in Video Games
Share
June 1, 2005 4:14:22 AM

hello folks
when you install a new mod, there can be trouble.
some have perfect installers which extract the correct BF1942 path,
others are slightly iffy, some are just zip or rar archives of the mod
folder, one way around any possible trouble is to install or unzip to
the desktop and a test folder on it, then you can look and check that
the structure is correct, then cut paste to the BF1942 Mods folder from
there, this is what I do with some of the mods that have less than
perfect installers.
regards [AGB] malcolm

PS; installed nearly 60 Bf1942 ones, and maybe 20 BFv ones,
it helps to know what the bF1942 game folder looks like before and
after. good luck.
Anonymous
June 2, 2005 1:35:01 AM

malcolm wrote
>hello folks
>when you install a new mod, there can be trouble.
>some have perfect installers which extract the correct BF1942 path,

This is so true. All my games are installed to C:\Games so BF is at
C:\Games\BF1942 and Vietnam at C:\Games\BFV. Quite a few mods assume
you're using the default installation path, C:\Program files\EA
games\Battlefield 1942\

I tend to extract the mod to C:\Temp first so that, as you suggest, I
can see exactly what is going where.

Cheers

--
[AGB]Villy Vonka
Sheffield, UK

"Villy V" wrote in message

> Quite a few mods assume you're using the default installation path,
> C:\Program files\EA games\Battlefield 1942\

IIRC so did the 1.16B battlefield patch from EA.

Lorian.
June 2, 2005 3:22:20 AM

"Villy Vonka" <Villy@[127.0.0.1]> wrote in message
> malcolm wrote
>>hello folks
>>when you install a new mod, there can be trouble.
>>some have perfect installers which extract the correct BF1942 path,
>
> This is so true. All my games are installed to C:\Games so BF is at
> C:\Games\BF1942 and Vietnam at C:\Games\BFV. Quite a few mods assume
> you're using the default installation path, C:\Program files\EA
> games\Battlefield 1942\
>
> I tend to extract the mod to C:\Temp first so that, as you suggest, I can
> see exactly what is going where.
>
> Cheers
>
> --
> [AGB]Villy Vonka
> Sheffield, UK
> http://www.agbgaming.com

Speaking of mods, I'm looking forward to the new Black and Tans mod, it's
going to be way cool!

Yee haw!
June 4, 2005 4:27:40 PM

General Lee wrote:
> "Villy Vonka" <Villy@[127.0.0.1]> wrote in message
>
>>malcolm wrote
>>
>>>hello folks
>>>when you install a new mod, there can be trouble.
>>>some have perfect installers which extract the correct BF1942 path,
>>
>>This is so true. All my games are installed to C:\Games so BF is at
>>C:\Games\BF1942 and Vietnam at C:\Games\BFV. Quite a few mods assume
>>you're using the default installation path, C:\Program files\EA
>>games\Battlefield 1942\
>>
>>I tend to extract the mod to C:\Temp first so that, as you suggest, I can
>>see exactly what is going where.
>>
>>Cheers
>>
>>--
>>[AGB]Villy Vonka
>>Sheffield, UK
>>http://www.agbgaming.com
>

> Speaking of mods, I'm looking forward to the new Black and Tans mod, it's
> going to be way cool!
>
> Yee haw!

what era and style ?
!