Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Outlook Express

Last response: in Windows 7
January 21, 2010 3:01:14 PM

Can I get Outlook Express for WIN 7/WIN7 Professional? where? and does it even work on the new 7 OS?

More about : outlook express

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
January 21, 2010 3:54:44 PM

Outlook Express has gone the way of the DoDo since Vista. It's been replaced with Windows Mail. With Windows 7, it's not installed by default. You have to download the Windows Live Essential pack which contains Windows Mail.
Related resources
January 22, 2010 1:18:38 PM

Yup, I also prefer thunderbird. It's a great mail client and is very easy to install on debian linux as well if you ever decide to play with it.
January 22, 2010 4:26:53 PM

isamuelson said:
Outlook Express has gone the way of the DoDo since Vista. It's been replaced with Windows Mail. With Windows 7, it's not installed by default. You have to download the Windows Live Essential pack which contains Windows Mail.

I have now installed MS Office Outlook, but have determined some odd things going on...like it changed my icons on the DT to a MS Off Picture manager Icon??? I am now looking for a solution to resolve that as well....ooooogrrrrrrrrrr. They get ya comin'/goin' in this $$$ making scheme! LOL not. Owell thanks for the info, had I checked tom's hardware I could have stopped searching for answers yesterday. :) ? Thanks. the DoDOE birds can have that old program/application. LOL
January 30, 2010 4:48:06 AM

Best answer selected by angeltua.
January 30, 2010 4:48:17 AM

Thank Ü all very much, I have not decided on Thunderbird...but I will wait to see what else comes up with the Engineers @MS. :)  Have a great weekend!
!