Sign in with
Your question
Solved

CPU Supported Memory

Last response: in CPUs
January 22, 2013 1:11:57 AM

Hi all,
I am looking into purchasing the AMD FX-8150 8-Core processor. The motherboard that I am purchasing with it says it supports DDR3 2000 (OC) MHz RAM. On Amazon, no where does it say the frequency of memory that the processor supports. So, where can I find how much RAM the processor supports?
Thanks,
jhansen

More about : cpu supported memory

January 22, 2013 2:10:05 AM

m
l
Related resources

Best solution

January 22, 2013 2:33:36 AM

Hello jhansen,
You can find that plus more info here:
http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Bulldozer/AMD-FX-Series%2... (Towards the bottom)
But I can just tell you now, that it only supports up to DDR3-1866 memory.
In my honest opinion, I would suggest (if you're hard set on AMD) and you have the money, I would get a FX-8350. It performs a lot better overall: gaming, productivity, etc.

But if you're not hard set on AMD (and budget), I'd suggest an I5-3570k (It supports up to 2400+ depending on your mobo) and a MSI Z77A-G43. Plus if your GPU RMA's, you can just use the integrated GPU until the new one arrives.
January 22, 2013 7:33:47 PM

TheDarkness said:
Hello jhansen,
You can find that plus more info here:
http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Bulldozer/AMD-FX-Series%2... (Towards the bottom)
But I can just tell you now, that it only supports up to DDR3-1866 memory.
In my honest opinion, I would suggest (if you're hard set on AMD) and you have the money, I would get a FX-8350. It performs a lot better overall: gaming, productivity, etc.

But if you're not hard set on AMD (and budget), I'd suggest an I5-3570k (It supports up to 2400+ depending on your mobo) and a MSI Z77A-G43. Plus if your GPU RMA's, you can just use the integrated GPU until the new one arrives.

Thank you very much for that info! I am not set on AMD but, is there an i5 thats similar in performance to the 3570k for a cheaper price?
m
l
January 23, 2013 2:21:12 AM

Best answer selected by jhansen.
m
l
!