Hub to Hub to PC Limited or no Conectivity

Hello,

I am having this problem. I manage a small office network IP's are generated via a rooter. I need to add a new pc to the network and here is where the problem starts.

I have a cable from a HUB in that office which has a splitter 1 way goes to a PC the other is empty. At first i tried connecting the other PC from that splitter but i get the Limited or no Connectivity message on both PCs. If i connect only one of them to the splitter the connection works fine.

Now i tried with a HUB, made a Crossover cable from the splitter to the HUB in the WAN port, same deal both PCs get Limited ot no Connectivity. THe strange thing is that if i connect only one via the HUB the same thing happens...

I am really out of ideas, my only option left is to connect the PC from the main HUB which means allot of cable posing ...

Best wishes,

Francois.
3 answers Last reply
More about limited conectivity
  1. can you give the model numbers of the network equipments?

what do you mean by splitter?
  2. hehehe thx mate you helped me more than you think :) i was looking for the model numbers of the network equipment and found that the HUB i was trying to use was a Router, it looked exactly like your plain average HUB and for some reason it was in my HUB box.

And by splitter i meant one of those little plastic splitters, 1 in 2 out.

Thank you for your fast reply.

I was beginning to wonder... wth... this should have posed no problems what so ever, been handling networks for ages :)
  3. Quote:
    And by splitter i meant one of those little plastic splitters, 1 in 2 out.

Don't use a splitter. They work for phones but not for network equipment. It can actually cause damage to the network port. Use a switch.
Ask a new question

Read More

LAN Connection Office Cable Networking