Gaming pc for playing minecraft

DarkMiner2011

Honorable
May 31, 2012
Hello everyone, now..I know this may sound stupid, but I was wondering if someone could build me a nice config for a pc that would be able to play Minecraft Max Settings /w Tekkit installed and HD Textures with good FPS at all times.

Minecraft is the main game I would be playing on it...Like the only one with like an exception for fallout 3 + New Vegas.

My budget is about $600~ AUD (Im from Australia) :/ though I would like the cheapest possible to meet my requirements.

malbluff

Honorable
The first thing which must be said is that, if you want something ONLY to play Minecraft and Fallout 3, you'd probably get virtually as good, and cheaper, with something like Xbox.
If you really want a PC, just for that, the onboard graphics, on some chips, would virtually cope, on their own, without the need for a seperate graphics card.
If you can confirm your monitor resolution, and whether you need operating system (Windows 7, ideally), included in that budget. Also, is there any particular site, you want to use, for components. Not familiar with "market" in Oz.

Minecraft can be played on an iPad. I build mini itx PCs into old NES cases using the E-350 chipset (experimenting with an i3 build now). One of my customer who purchased one is an avid Minecraft fan and he plays it maxed out on an E-350 with a 430 GT. So going with a comparable Llano APU crossfired with a GDDR5 6670 might give you enough performance to play Fallout and other stuff. SImiliarly, integrated Intel graphics may give you the same experience, however I havent owned a high enough end Intel CPU to test it out. Ive played with the i3 2100 and i3 2120, and im sure it may play Minecraft but I doubt itll do Fallout 3.

DarkMiner2011

Honorable
May 31, 2012
Thanks..Ok here are some more key points you may need
1. Monitor size: 21.5' so it is 1920x1080
2. good Aussie site I use is Pc Case Gear (PCCG)
3. I will not be needing a copy of Windows 7. :)

thanks a lot once again.

malbluff

Honorable

OK. Take it, it's morning there. Bedtime here in UK. Will have look in morning (UK morning, that is)lol.

malbluff

Honorable

As you say, will eat minecraft (and more, besides). Presume OP's got nothing much to re-use, so would need hard drive, of some sort. If budget won't stretch, could drop to i3 (would be fine for moment), and even board to B75 or H77 (would be nice to keep board for future expansion)