Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Expert challenge. Gaming rig under $1k

Last response: in Systems
September 7, 2012 1:14:02 PM

Keep the cost under $1000. No micro center allowed. Include monitor and os. Pretty much everything but a mouse and keyboard. Have fun. And go...
a b C Monitor
September 7, 2012 1:16:13 PM

Are there any particular games you are wanting to play and at what levels?
m
l
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
September 7, 2012 1:24:04 PM

I take it $ is USD. Preferred size/resolution of monitor? Do you have particular games you want it good for (helps make choices, if choices have to be made, to fit budget)?
m
l
September 7, 2012 1:31:55 PM

Just basic all around. Best resolution u can squeeze. This is just a way to compare a couple different viewpoints.
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
September 7, 2012 2:08:09 PM

The Big Troll's build is very good use of your budget. You could squeeze bigger monitor in if you wanted. My only slight concern is have heard "moans" about reliability issues, with Seagate, lately. Don't know how "real" they are. Might be worth considering Western Digital, they have good warranty.
m
l
September 7, 2012 2:13:39 PM

malbluff said:
The Big Troll's build is very good use of your budget. You could squeeze bigger monitor in if you wanted. My only slight concern is have heard "moans" about reliability issues, with Seagate, lately. Don't know how "real" they are. Might be worth considering Western Digital, they have good warranty.

WD drives have had issues also. 5/8 of mine failed within the first 6 months.
m
l

Best solution

September 7, 2012 2:19:54 PM
September 12, 2012 2:43:49 AM

Best answer selected by xtjaga3.
m
l
!