Your question
Closed

[CPUs] Will my CPU be limited by GPU?

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Graphics Cards
Last response: in CPUs
January 22, 2013 3:51:44 AM

Hello, im about to buy a i5 3570K and mother ASRock Z77 PRO 3...

I have a video card GTX 460 1GB..

Will my CPU be limited by this video card? ill buy a new videocard as soon as i can...but atm is ok to keep this one? or its pretty much limited?

More about : cpus cpu limited gpu

a b à CPUs
a b U Graphics card
January 22, 2013 4:16:47 AM

Yes it will? i guess? i dont really understand what you mean?
Score
January 22, 2013 8:05:23 AM

LOL!!

You will have no problems at all with that CPU. You could run maybe 3 cards without bottlenecking the CPU and with a little overclocking you would have plenty of headroom

I'm running a 2600K @ 4.3 with 3 7970s and bearly uses all my CPU in most instances.
Score

Best solution

a c 79 à CPUs
a b U Graphics card
January 22, 2013 10:31:27 AM

I am assuming you are wondering if having this card would bring your cpu's performance down??....well that is true but only in applications where your cpu and gpu work in tandem, like in games or heavy rendering.

In rendering the output would be more time required to finish the render. In games, less frames/second (but if it's above 30 frame/sec you wont notice any difference) also some games will not allow you to max out certain in-game settings which are controlled by the gpu.

In everything else, you'll be having no problems at all. Internet's gonna run fine, files will transfer at blazing speeds and applications will install and run as they are supposed to...quick!!

I hope this answers some questions
good luck
-satyam
January 22, 2013 2:43:59 PM

Best answer selected by Bassy.
Score
January 22, 2013 2:47:33 PM

satyamdubey said:
I am assuming you are wondering if having this card would bring your cpu's performance down??....well that is true but only in applications where your cpu and gpu work in tandem, like in games or heavy rendering.

In rendering the output would be more time required to finish the render. In games, less frames/second (but if it's above 30 frame/sec you wont notice any difference) also some games will not allow you to max out certain in-game settings which are controlled by the gpu.

In everything else, you'll be having no problems at all. Internet's gonna run fine, files will transfer at blazing speeds and applications will install and run as they are supposed to...quick!!

I hope this answers some questions
good luck
-satyam

Thanks to all
Thats what i meant, if my video card would bring my cpu down, ill keep this video card till i can change it :D 
I think ill can play all games max, maybe few options cant max it,
Atm i have a core 2 duo E8400 and i ran almost all new games max xD
Score
!