system wont boot: any suggests, read the forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashrafkreidieh

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012
Dear everyone,

Yesterday was my proud day; because I finished my first build ever… I also included customize water cooling rig as well. This was my first build from zero…

Unfortunately my pc didn’t power on and I’m not sure why yet (that’s why on here), my motherboard lights are on (buttons are glowing as well as the Bluetooth lights)… and also tried to power it from the bottoms onboard but still no luck.

i modifying the ram sticks to include a universal ram block. So I open them up as well to install the ram cover to mount on the water block.

All my parts are brand new….

i also delidded my 3770k processor , i cut it in half and removed Intel's paste and put my own( i thought i my processor doesn't work so i bought another one yeserday night and still no luck)

shoot me!!!
Any suggests

Solution
Have you pulled the mobo out of the case and reinstalled? I know it's a pain, I once dropped a screw while installing and assumed gravity would take care of it, instead it lodged between the case and mobo right near the power supply. So you touched anywhere near the psu bam the computer died. Would have SWORN bad psu, replaced it, no help, take the mobo out and clink screw falls problem solved. So what I'm sayin you could be shorted against the case..

scottfree1

Honorable
Aug 26, 2012
Start working backwards, remove ram, does it post, unplug drives, does it post.. keep going until it works or your mobo is sitting on a table. aaannndd.. reverse back together one part at a time, restarting each time..

ashrafkreidieh

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012

the motherboard lights are on when i switch on the power switch from the back of the psu, so i removed the 24-pin ATX power connector on mobo and lights when off ...

so you are talking about the 4/8 pin cpu,, it could be lose from the bottom of the power supply (i did double check but will try again you never know)

answer:

i re-check one by one and still no luck- so power connectors are not the problem

ashrafkreidieh

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012

okay, i like your proposal... i know that my cpu and vga are working properly.

so i will start as said, but before that i will recheck the power supply connectors for the third time.

then start -"remove ram, does it post, unplug drives, does it post.. keep going until it works or your mobo is sitting on a table. aaannndd.. reverse back together one part at a time, restarting each time."

answer:

so i remove the battery and still no luck, then removed the ram sticks and no luck , and the drives same no boot...

ashrafkreidieh

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012

this build was from zero until its finish point which is now... i never booted..

answer:

i removed the power from the cards no luck

mjshinde

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013

May be ur RAM is faulty try with another one. Most of the times when RAM's are faulty display does not show up.

ashrafkreidieh

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012

this is why i didnt remove the vga cards yet but i will try it later tonite(im sitll @ work)
even thought its a brand new motherboard that i didnt even use but i believe ur right -
i think buying a new one

img2013012300347.jpg

ashrafkreidieh

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012

just because of the water cooling rig but i will play with ram as well...

scottfree1

Honorable
Aug 26, 2012
Have you pulled the mobo out of the case and reinstalled? I know it's a pain, I once dropped a screw while installing and assumed gravity would take care of it, instead it lodged between the case and mobo right near the power supply. So you touched anywhere near the psu bam the computer died. Would have SWORN bad psu, replaced it, no help, take the mobo out and clink screw falls problem solved. So what I'm sayin you could be shorted against the case..

Solution

ashrafkreidieh

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012

ya ur right... i found a screw behind the motherboard but still no boot .

so i need a new motherboard!!!right?

scottfree1

Honorable
Aug 26, 2012
Is it within the return window? If someone will exchange it do it, if not go to some place near and get the exact same board, if the new one works carefully pack up the old one and then DO NOT DO THIS take it back to the store say this isn't working, can you help me? If they say this isn't the board we sold you, apologize say really? my mistake they are identical guess I mixed them up, exit stage left. Doing that would be WRONG, DO NOT DO IT..

ashrafkreidieh

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012

thank you so much...

i was thinking the whole day about who will get the best answer.. it was tough.

man u did say motherboard first, but he was on the money..

Status
Not open for further replies.