Sign in with
Your question
Closed

system wont boot: any suggests, read the forum

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
January 22, 2013 5:20:29 AM

Dear everyone,

Yesterday was my proud day; because I finished my first build ever… I also included customize water cooling rig as well. This was my first build from zero…

Unfortunately my pc didn’t power on and I’m not sure why yet (that’s why on here), my motherboard lights are on (buttons are glowing as well as the Bluetooth lights)… and also tried to power it from the bottoms onboard but still no luck.

i modifying the ram sticks to include a universal ram block. So I open them up as well to install the ram cover to mount on the water block.

All my parts are brand new….

i also delidded my 3770k processor , i cut it in half and removed Intel's paste and put my own( i thought i my processor doesn't work so i bought another one yeserday night and still no luck)

shoot me!!!
Any suggests
a c 145 à CPUs
January 23, 2013 1:23:43 AM

Forget to plug in the cpu power connector(s) ?
Score
January 23, 2013 1:44:09 AM

Start working backwards, remove ram, does it post, unplug drives, does it post.. keep going until it works or your mobo is sitting on a table. aaannndd.. reverse back together one part at a time, restarting each time..
Score
Related resources
January 23, 2013 1:46:51 AM

STOPP!! you've reset the bios right? unplug, remove watch battery, go get drunk (ok wait any way you want..) install battery.. power on..
Score
January 23, 2013 4:03:10 AM

popatim said:
Forget to plug in the cpu power connector(s) ?

the motherboard lights are on when i switch on the power switch from the back of the psu, so i removed the 24-pin ATX power connector on mobo and lights when off ...

so you are talking about the 4/8 pin cpu,, it could be lose from the bottom of the power supply (i did double check but will try again you never know)

answer:

i re-check one by one and still no luck- so power connectors are not the problem
Score
January 23, 2013 4:59:50 AM

scottfree1 said:
STOPP!! you've reset the bios right? unplug, remove watch battery, go get drunk (ok wait any way you want..) install battery.. power on..

okay, i like your proposal... i know that my cpu and vga are working properly.

so i will start as said, but before that i will recheck the power supply connectors for the third time.

then start -"remove ram, does it post, unplug drives, does it post.. keep going until it works or your mobo is sitting on a table. aaannndd.. reverse back together one part at a time, restarting each time."

answer:

so i remove the battery and still no luck, then removed the ram sticks and no luck , and the drives same no boot...
Score
a c 79 à CPUs
January 23, 2013 8:53:40 AM

can you boot up without the cards? with processor's integrated graphics?
Score
January 23, 2013 9:55:41 AM

satyamdubey said:
can you boot up without the cards? with processor's integrated graphics?

this build was from zero until its finish point which is now... i never booted..

answer:

i removed the power from the cards no luck
Score
a c 79 à CPUs
January 23, 2013 10:15:54 AM

no. dont just remove the power from the cards, unpopulate the slots. next connect your monitor to your mobo's vga socket and then try booting up
Score
a c 79 à CPUs
January 23, 2013 10:17:32 AM

since you've failed to boot up with two cpu's, if anything is bricked, it might just be your mobo.
Score
January 23, 2013 10:22:42 AM

ashrafkreidieh said:
Dear everyone,

Yesterday was my proud day; because I finished my first build ever… I also included customize water cooling rig as well. This was my first build from zero…

Unfortunately my pc didn’t power on and I’m not sure why yet (that’s why on here), my motherboard lights are on (buttons are glowing as well as the Bluetooth lights)… and also tried to power it from the bottoms onboard but still no luck.

i modifying the ram sticks to include a universal ram block. So I open them up as well to install the ram cover to mount on the water block.

All my parts are brand new….

i also delidded my 3770k processor , i cut it in half and removed Intel's paste and put my own( i thought i my processor doesn't work so i bought another one yeserday night and still no luck)

shoot me!!!
Any suggests

May be ur RAM is faulty try with another one. Most of the times when RAM's are faulty display does not show up.
Score
January 23, 2013 1:45:13 PM

satyamdubey said:
since you've failed to boot up with two cpu's, if anything is bricked, it might just be your mobo.

this is why i didnt remove the vga cards yet but i will try it later tonite(im sitll @ work)
even thought its a brand new motherboard that i didnt even use but i believe ur right -
i think buying a new one

Score
January 23, 2013 1:50:39 PM

mjshinde said:
May be ur RAM is faulty try with another one. Most of the times when RAM's are faulty display does not show up.

just because of the water cooling rig but i will play with ram as well...
Score
January 23, 2013 1:52:48 PM

im not sure yet but i feel this motherboard short-circuited with me???

need to run test tonite!!!!
Score

Best solution

January 23, 2013 1:57:47 PM

Have you pulled the mobo out of the case and reinstalled? I know it's a pain, I once dropped a screw while installing and assumed gravity would take care of it, instead it lodged between the case and mobo right near the power supply. So you touched anywhere near the psu bam the computer died. Would have SWORN bad psu, replaced it, no help, take the mobo out and clink screw falls problem solved. So what I'm sayin you could be shorted against the case..
a c 79 à CPUs
January 23, 2013 2:58:19 PM

scottfree1 said:
So what I'm sayin you could be shorted against the case..

That's another strong possibility!
Score
a c 79 à CPUs
January 23, 2013 3:00:12 PM

And compliments on one great looking rig.
Score
January 23, 2013 4:34:50 PM

scottfree1 said:
Have you pulled the mobo out of the case and reinstalled? I know it's a pain, I once dropped a screw while installing and assumed gravity would take care of it, instead it lodged between the case and mobo right near the power supply. So you touched anywhere near the psu bam the computer died. Would have SWORN bad psu, replaced it, no help, take the mobo out and clink screw falls problem solved. So what I'm sayin you could be shorted against the case..

ya ur right... i found a screw behind the motherboard but still no boot .

so i need a new motherboard!!!right?
Score
January 23, 2013 4:53:28 PM

Is it within the return window? If someone will exchange it do it, if not go to some place near and get the exact same board, if the new one works carefully pack up the old one and then DO NOT DO THIS take it back to the store say this isn't working, can you help me? If they say this isn't the board we sold you, apologize say really? my mistake they are identical guess I mixed them up, exit stage left. Doing that would be WRONG, DO NOT DO IT..
Score
January 24, 2013 6:40:44 PM

Best answer selected by ashrafkreidieh.
Score
January 24, 2013 6:45:44 PM

satyamdubey said:
And compliments on one great looking rig.

thank you so much...

i was thinking the whole day about who will get the best answer.. it was tough.

man u did say motherboard first, but he was on the money..
Score
!