• TV
  • Connection
  • Graphics Cards
  • HDMI
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 20, 2012 6:24:03 AM

hi

I recently assembled a PC with AMD Phenom II X6 1090T with a graphics card ATI Radeon HD6670. The card has an HDMI port which I am trying to connect with my LCD TV. However, when I connect my Sony Bravia LCD TV, it always says unsupported signal from PC. However, the same TV is working fine with the VGA port of the same graphics card. I tried connecting both the ports simultaneously to my TV so that I can vary the resolution settings each time and see the result on HDMI port. But as soon as I connect the HDMI port along with VGA, all the icons on the system get vanished and I can only see my wallpaper and can do no other operation on the system. Connecting only the HDMI port gives me nothing. I tried changing resolution settings in VGA mode and reconnected using HDMI after removing VGA. But nothing works.

I am using Windows 7 home premium. The manual for my TV says that it supports 480i,480p,576i,576p,720p(50/60 Hz), 1080i(50/60 Hz) and 1080p(50/60 Hz). The HDMI cable and TV was working absolutely fine when I was connecting my Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop with it. But it is not working with this graphics card. What could be the issue??Please help.

More about : unable connect hdtv ati radeon hd6670

Best solution

a b x TV
a c 162 U Graphics card
July 20, 2012 1:59:23 PM

Quote:
I tried connecting both the ports simultaneously to my TV so that I can vary the resolution settings each time and see the result on HDMI port. But as soon as I connect the HDMI port along with VGA, all the icons on the system get vanished and I can only see my wallpaper and can do no other operation on the system

This seems to be an issue with the HDMI port of AMD cards (not sure about NVidia cards) automatically becoming the primary display. AMD REALLY needs to correct this issue.

I have run into this myself using an AMD HD4670 connected to my Olevia 232T HDTV.

A bit of googling and I came up with this. You might want to give it a try.

With both display connected, right click on the blank desktop and open AMD Engine Vision Control Center.
Press the Windows+Shift+Left or Windows+Shift+Right key combo.
You may need to press the combination several times. This supposedly moved the active window to various positions on the primary and then secondary displays.

-Wolf sends

P.S. Please let me know if this works.
July 20, 2012 3:03:30 PM

Wolfshadw said:
Quote:
I tried connecting both the ports simultaneously to my TV so that I can vary the resolution settings each time and see the result on HDMI port. But as soon as I connect the HDMI port along with VGA, all the icons on the system get vanished and I can only see my wallpaper and can do no other operation on the system

This seems to be an issue with the HDMI port of AMD cards (not sure about NVidia cards) automatically becoming the primary display. AMD REALLY needs to correct this issue.

I have run into this myself using an AMD HD4670 connected to my Olevia 232T HDTV.

A bit of googling and I came up with this. You might want to give it a try.

With both display connected, right click on the blank desktop and open AMD Engine Vision Control Center.
Press the Windows+Shift+Left or Windows+Shift+Right key combo.
You may need to press the combination several times. This supposedly moved the active window to various positions on the primary and then secondary displays.

-Wolf sends

P.S. Please let me know if this works.

Hi

Thanks a lot for your help. it really helped....and now i have my HDMI working....i am so happy after so long...had been struggling for it to work....
Score
Related resources
July 30, 2012 6:13:15 AM

Best answer selected by scroogy01.
Score
a c 273 U Graphics card
July 30, 2012 9:31:50 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!