Young Druid talents

Was trying out a druid the other day, and spent my first 3 or 4 talent
points in Nature's Grasp/Improved Nature's Grasp, only to realize afterward
that it only proc'ed Entangling Roots Rank *1*.

Was that a waste of talent points, or will it proc higher rank versions of
the spell when I get them?

--
Richard Carpenter
7 answers Last reply

    It will proc higher. But personally, I think that while Nature's Grasp
    is nice (especcially in PVP, when you need to run from high lvl),
    Improved one doesn't worth the points spent. 35% (basic) chance is good
    enough to get the attacker entangled, he will land a few hits on you,
    anyway. And if he's high enough so you can survive one hit, but not 2,
    he will kill you anyway with a ranged attack after being entangled.
    Again, Grasp is a primarily "escape" tool.

    Yes, it will proc higher ones later. No worries!
    And keep in mind you can respec (over and over if need be) when you get to a
    certain level (I forget which).
    And if you have not tried playing with this thing, give it a shot:
    http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/druids/talents.html
    --
    Scotter
    60 druid on Laughing Skull

    "Richard Carpenter" <Rich_Carpenter@spamsuxmsn.com> wrote in message
    > Was trying out a druid the other day, and spent my first 3 or 4 talent
    > points in Nature's Grasp/Improved Nature's Grasp, only to realize
    > afterward
    > that it only proc'ed Entangling Roots Rank *1*.
    >
    > Was that a waste of talent points, or will it proc higher rank versions of
    > the spell when I get them?
    >
    > --
    > Richard Carpenter

    Another upside is that it is instant, meaning you can cast it while
    running, what you can't do with just roots.

    Richard Carpenter wrote:
    > Was trying out a druid the other day, and spent my first 3 or 4 talent
    > points in Nature's Grasp/Improved Nature's Grasp, only to realize afterward
    > that it only proc'ed Entangling Roots Rank *1*.
    >
    > Was that a waste of talent points, or will it proc higher rank versions of
    > the spell when I get them?

    Don't respend your talent points! I have read rumors in this group that
    there will be big changes in the feral tree in 1.7 or 1.8 which will
    result in all your talent points being refunded for free.

    Nature's grasp is great to travel through parts of Azeroth when you
    don't want to fight every moster you run into. I always turn it on as
    soon as I hear a monster grawl at me.

    Thomas
    --
    Life is like a videogame with no chance to win - ATR

    "Thomas J. Boschloo" <nospam@hccnet.nl> writes:

    > Don't respend your talent points! I have read rumors in this group that
    > there will be big changes in the feral tree in 1.7 or 1.8 which will
    > result in all your talent points being refunded for free.

    Those 1.8 patch notes were fake.

    Nick

    --
    #include<stdio.h> /* sigmask (sig.c) 20041028 PUBLIC DOMAIN */
    int main(c,v)char *v;{return !c?putchar(* /* cc -o sig sig.c */

    "yozik" <saldoukhov@gmail.com> wrote in news:1126283536.901516.53740
    @f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

    > It will proc higher. But personally, I think that while Nature's Grasp
    > is nice (especcially in PVP, when you need to run from high lvl),
    > Improved one doesn't worth the points spent. 35% (basic) chance is good
    > enough to get the attacker entangled, he will land a few hits on you,
    > anyway. And if he's high enough so you can survive one hit, but not 2,
    > he will kill you anyway with a ranged attack after being entangled.
    > Again, Grasp is a primarily "escape" tool.

    Personally, I don't PvP at all. I liked it for the DoT. With max chance of
    it proc'ing, I figured I wouldn't ever need to worry about spending mana on
    casting Entangling Roots manually.

    However, since spending the points it has occurred to me that it is only
    single charge, so I'm burning the mana in either case. I either cast
    Entangling Roots manually for 50 mana or I cast Nature's Grasp beforehand
    for 50 mana and hope it does, in fact, proc and proc early.

    The only upside I can see now is that the proc won't be interrupted. I just
    have to hope if fires early. Not nearly as worth it in retrospect.

    /foreheadsmack

    --
    Richard Carpenter

    "Richard Carpenter" <Rich_Carpenter@spamsuxmsn.com> wrote in message
    > Was trying out a druid the other day, and spent my first 3 or 4 talent
    > points in Nature's Grasp/Improved Nature's Grasp, only to realize
    > afterward
    > that it only proc'ed Entangling Roots Rank *1*.
    >
    > Was that a waste of talent points, or will it proc higher rank versions of
    > the spell when I get them?
    >
    > --
    > Richard Carpenter

    The specific answer to your second question is you will be able to purchase
    further ranks from your Druid Trainer at the appropriate levels. They will
    still only proc 1 root per cast with the same cooldown you currently
    experience.

    The generalized answer to your question regarding value, as stated it is
    good for PvP, especially Warsong Gulch where you will likely be the flag
    runner since you are a druid. Since you can shapeshift out of stuns and
    have Travelform there, that is generally the druid's function.

    IMHO anything over 1 point to get the basic spell is a diminishing use of
    Talents. There are more helpful things to spend the points on in
    practically every tree.

    Hope that Helps and Happy Whatever-it-is-you-spec-your-druid-to-do! :)

Warcraft Games Video Games