Sign in with
Your question

GPU temperature , should i orry?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 20, 2012 8:25:25 AM

Hello i have an xfx hd 6950 unlocked 1gb dual fan OC xxx edition the temp in idle is about 47C on 28%fan speed in bf 3 it's 87C in 63%fan speed should i worry about those temps?But the room temperature is a little bit high ... if i put mygraphic card in catalyst on manual and put it higher it will automatycly get up whe necesary ex idle 47C 28%fan speed >> 35% fan speed (will it go up hen i enter a game or it will still be on 35%?)

More about : gpu temperature orry

a b U Graphics card
July 20, 2012 8:32:40 AM

download MSI Afterburner and you can set up manual fan profiles depending on what temps you are comfortable with. 87c is a little hot but not anything the card can handle, plus if your only at 63% fan speed just ramp it up a little and the temp will go down.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
July 20, 2012 8:01:25 PM

87 at load isn't something that you should be overly concerned about, but if you are worried you could clean out the system and add new case fans if possible. If that doesn't help you can always reseat the GPU heatsink.
m
l
Related resources
a c 181 U Graphics card
July 21, 2012 4:33:57 AM

^+2
I have to agree that 87c though hot will not kill it right away. But you don't want to run at that temp for any lengh of time because problems will start to happen.

My rule of thumb is never allow your temps on the GPU to run over 80c. Just because a card shows it can handle 99c only means if the temp gets to that point but only for a few seconds.

Most cards usually will throttle down when they start to over heat and that would cause crashing, very bad lag and stutter. As said above more case fans and if you haven't cleaned out your case of dust.

Then you need to do that. Also take out your GPU's and blow the dust out of them if you try to clean them while in the case you won't be able to get all of the dust. Doing the reseat of heatsink is also a good idea.

But try everything else first. One little suggestion if you have a store/shelf rig then maybe you should look into a bigger case and transfer all the stuff from now said PC to the new case. Here is a link to MSI Afterburner and user manul. Good luck to you.

http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/download.htm

http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/images/Afterburner...
m
l
July 21, 2012 7:28:34 AM

Ihave a Recom Zenith gaming case it has 3 fans the PSU has one too , cooler on processor , and 2 on my graphic card . I powerd the fan speed in msi afterburner soo if it cros the 80C mark the fans going up to 100% .
m
l
a b U Graphics card
July 21, 2012 12:00:21 PM

great but i recommend setting the fan to go full blast at 70 degrees
m
l
a c 181 U Graphics card
July 22, 2012 1:34:37 AM

zardes123 said:
Ihave a Recom Zenith gaming case it has 3 fans the PSU has one too , cooler on processor , and 2 on my graphic card . I powerd the fan speed in msi afterburner soo if it cros the 80C mark the fans going up to 100% .

That is good now to see if setting your fan to be at 100% at higher temps doesn't help and let us know.
m
l
!