Status
Not open for further replies.

ilikesoldat

Honorable
Jun 16, 2012
how powerful would that setup be, ignoring dual gpu complications? would it equal that of a 6850? if not, can it equal that with a stock cooling overclock? any benchmarks to support this?

also a minor question, can 6750 be put in quad crossfirex? because i see two crossfire connectors on the card, but amd website says it can only be put into dual crossfire

G

if you are going to add a discrete graphics card consider an intel build. give this article a read:
Build It: Picking Parts For Your Kid's Entry-Level Gaming PC

it will show you a pentium will perform better at stock speeds.
0202_Gaming_Starcraft2.png

if you are going to overclock, you need a cpu cooler to get better results.

ilikesoldat

Honorable
Jun 16, 2012
oh my goodness, i feel like i just asked a question on yahoo answers. not only did you not answer my actual question, or the second part of it, you started yapping about which processor to get. cant you tell by the context of my question that it is purely theoretical? that benchmark is completely irrelevant to my actual question, which involves hybrid crossfire of gpu+apu, not just a processor and 6670 -.-. if you dont have anything relevant to say, i would prefer you just dont reply at all, that way ill know no one has yet answered my question

G

any benchmarks to support this?
gee sorry i thought you did ask for benchmarks . .

maybe you can try doing your own research? (like maybe read the article i posted which does have some of your answer in it)

or maybe just go to yahoo answers.

good luck with that.

ilikesoldat

Honorable
Jun 16, 2012
"maybe you can try doing your own research?" i wonder what im doing right now? interviewing more experienced people constitutes as first hand research have you went to school above the 8th grade?

"any benchmarks to SUPPORT this?" hint key word: SUPPORT. your benchmarks are literally 100% irrelevant.

and i bet at least on yahoo answers people have graduated high school instead of dropping out, so maybe i will go with that. you really demonstrate a GREAT community on toms hardware, two thumbs up to looniam!

i wonder if he thinks it makes him look smarter accumalating all those posts on this websites for all the zero effort answers he gives.

i tried to clarify that your answer was useless to perhaps push your efforts, and instead you get mad and give me another useless answer, shows what a GREAT, hardworking human being you really are =)

G

again read the article i posted, it has several of your answers. and since you do not care to put any effort into your own research, why should anyone do it for you?

so now since you didn't get what you wanted handed to you, you want to throw insults like a child.

it is human beings like you that have lessened my hopes for humanity.

bye bye

ilikesoldat

Honorable
Jun 16, 2012

haha fail troll attempt man im just laughing this whole time cuz my computer specs are superior. i guess thats all i need. the knowledge that im superior because my computer is way better. what a "pro" tech guy too bad his comp is trash

drums101

Distinguished

wow....looniam was sincerely trying to help you out...instead of getting all worked up and throwing insults you could have politely told him to answer your question more directly. Would you treat a person like this in real life? I sure hope not because that is not gonna get you far in this world....to answer your question so you can calm down I highly doubt an A8 3870K + 6670 is going to equal a 6850...if you look on this site http://www.hwcompare.com/10710/radeon-hd-6670-oem-vs-radeon-hd-6850/ a 6850 is nearly double the power of a 6670 and an A8 3870k is not equal to a second 6670 so NO that combo will not perform the same as a 6850....you are looking more in the performance range of a 6750 with that combo

Look here http://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/cpu_mainboard/amd_a8-3870k_black_edition_hybrid_crossfire_review/7 That's not the only page of benches there either, there are several.

Also, here for your 6850 question. http://www.overclock.net/t/1201974/amd-a8-3870k-pared-with-hd-radeon-6670

A8-3870K pairing up with a HD6670 will get you up to HD6770 performance (entry level gaming performance).

BUT, you want to know how I found those? GOOGLE!

And Hybrid Crossfire only works with one card, not two.

In any case, it's at best a mild gaming solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.